It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Arrest 400+ As Part Of Border Strategy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

In what they are are calling their "most extensive and most successful" operation ever targeting Mexican drug cartels, federal authorities on Wednesday launched raids across the country and arrested more than 400 people, according to U.S. officials.

The raids were the culmintation of a 22-month investigation by the FBI, Drug Enforcement Administration and Immigration and Customs Enforcement bureau, who have now captured more than 2,200 suspects, according to officials speaking a press conference in Washington on Thursday morning.

Link

I may not support the people in office in our government but I'm glad to see that they are making progress.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Progress would be ending drug prohibition, which in turn would end the violent drug cartel's monopoly on them.

The greatest proponents of drug prohibition are the cartel leaders.

The last thing they want to see are legalized drugs.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Yeah why not make it legal for people to go and kill theirselves, I mean it works so well for tobacco, right????

Sure and while we're at it, let's make assissted suicade lawful, then recind the seatbelt laws, The DUI laws, let everybody kill themselves and each other. This would be absolute heaven for TPTB if they really do want to knock off the population.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

"Yes, we accept our share of the responsibility," Clinton said, with Mexican Foreign Secretary Patricia Espinosa at her side. "We know that the demand for drugs drives much of this illicit trade and that guns purchases in the U.S. are used to facilitate violence here in Mexico. The United States must and is doing its part" to counteract those two elements of the drug-related violence.

Clinton said the administration would make public very shortly a new drug policy and that it would include strategies for reducing drug demand. She said U.S. policy also takes into account that the drug cartels that operate along the border are a problem for both countr

Napolitano said the U.S. shares blame for the enormity of the drug violence problem.

www.gazettenet.com...

Good to see this administration take responsibility for its share of the problems going on in Mexico.

Anybody aware of the new drug policy? Hopefully, it doesn't mean more prisons.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This is nothing more than a publicity stunt in the face of growing concern over the illegal border crossing issues raised by the Arizona law and recent news of the border happenings.

400 of these guys is not even a drop in the bucket that is as large as the ocean.. and they know it.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I watched a trailer a few days ago for the movie "machete" I hope the backlash is nothing like this....that's alot of rough mexicans.

"In what they are are calling their "most extensive and most successful" operation ever targeting Mexican drug cartels, federal authorities on Wednesday launched raids across the country and arrested more than 400 people, according to U.S. officials."

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Personally I never understood suicide being a crime.

Anyways.. 22 months, so this is not a new initiative, it's the administration piggy backing on someone elses work and stealing the credit..

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Yeah why not make it legal for people to go and kill theirselves, I mean it works so well for tobacco, right????

Sure and while we're at it, let's make assissted suicade lawful, then recind the seatbelt laws, The DUI laws, let everybody kill themselves and each other. This would be absolute heaven for TPTB if they really do want to knock off the population.

Since you don't own my body, it would seem to me that I have a right to do whatever I want with it.

That includes killing and poisoning myself.

It also includes driving without a seatbelt if I feel like it.

DUI's are fairly pointless as well. If a person gets behind the wheel drunk and they hurt someone, they should be held accountable. If a person doesn't hurt anyone though, the penalty should be taking their keys away until they are sober, then sending them on their way.

imprisoning them at my expense is a waste of my money.

I think a good punishment would be for the cop to take the keys and then mail them back to the person hahah - given the postal service, that should put them out of commission for a few days.

Such a punishment would also save me an epic ton of my tax dollars in paying for judges, court rooms, additional police, and jail services.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

You must be young....my kids were were not too good to go through the windshield with their parents! Back then we drove cars made of real American steel, with big honking V-8 engines out front there. Yes, we got killed a lot, there were a lot of wrecks on the highway during holiday traffic. Even the TV would project how many would die on a given day, and then later see how close they came. I'll tell you one thing, we didn't have a population problem then, and people who wanted to commit suicide did it with a gun, or a hose on the car while the motor was running. I can also remember the County Sheriff stopping my Dad dead drunk, and asking where he was headed, then following him home.
Things have certainly changed since then, but man, were those some happy times!
I also have to tell you, since obviously you haven't really studied into the powers that be....they do not wish to kill us, only the sick, retarded, mentally ill, old and ready to die, or a felony prisoner, or a secessionist or dissenter. the rest they want for a slave race, to serve them.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

Hello,

Nice find. "In total, 429 suspects were arrested on Wednesday." And the war on drugs has been going-on since what year? Finally, AZ had the initiative to cause a worthwhile action. To me, this number does not do justice to the years this war on drugs has carried-on. Yet, this number was reached in a single clean-up?

The good-'ol long arm of the law wields great power; but only when it extends it's self to actually seek justice. 22 months of investigating? There's 4,290 guys waiting to fill those empty shoes (ignorant estimation on my part), how many months to nab them criminal invaders?

I say to focus on non citizen druggies until the war on drugs has called a cease-fire, then, if there are anymore citizen addicts committing crimes, begin a new operation; call it mind-crime vertigo- I don't care. Man the borders period. The following is a rant not projected at the OP.

(If you keep letting strange animals in your house, they're going to continue crapping all over the place. You're lucky if they don't eat your children; or the food off their plate.)

Doesn't it strike you odd that they focus this operation as a drug/money/seizure-type investigation to appease the Mexicans? I wonder when or if the illegal immigration issue will ever be addressed, and a final solution be resolved.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I can get 400 illegals a day pal. Feds seriously i can get 400 illegals a day in the states me alone.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I agree with everything EXCEPT drunk driving. It is imo no different than walking to a super market and firing a gun, unknowing which random person will be in a bullets path. I believe anything you do that does not effect other people is your own business. When you proceed with an action that puts others at risk you no longer have a right to that action.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The headline should read: " 426 New Openings for Drug Gangsters ".

The fact that there will be more than enough people ready and waiting to take their places and make a fortune does not get mentioned of course.

What will happen, as proven over and over again, is that there will be more violence as thugs shoot it out to become the ones replacing the busted. It actually causes MORE violence to arrest people...the competition is tremendous and any homicide cop will tell you that these turf wars are the main cause of murder in the cities.

prohibition is an embarrassing failure...like an insane relative that no one wants to pay attention to but who causes massive grief and incurs great cost to keep around. The only ones benefitting are the criminals and the cops.

People will NEVER change their nature...they will seek substnaces no matter what the penalty, and that proves that Prohibition laws are doomed to fail: They are trying to stop a human condition with laws, and that has never worked. It makes no sense. No one can defend it with facts. It has failed on every level, which even its most ardent supporters admit.

The people who want to keep Prohibition and all the related murders and such going cannot show good cause as to why. All they can do is lie and distort facts and cover up truth..deny deny deny...and never discuss any real and intelligent solutions. It is insane. i an other area of policy it would be madness to spend billions of dollars on a losing cause...one that always fails in its goals...always costs more than it takes in...and one that can never accomplish its mission no matter what!!

Going against the human condition is stupid and cannot ever work. The only solution is to regulate all substances at an official level and not leave it to the gangsters and their kind to decide who gets it and how much it costs. Liquor store owners are not out shooting each other for turf on buisness....think about it.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Sounds like you guys think our government shouldn't do anything about the drug problem. What do you expect the government to do? Wave their magic wang and puff the bad guys are gone?

top topics

join