It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch parties in tight race, exit polls suggest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

The Dutch election is heading for a close finish as an exit poll suggests the two main parties are neck and neck.

The poll showed the free-market VVD and the Dutch Labour Party each winning 31 seats in the 150-seat parliament.

They also indicated that the anti-Islam party led by Geert Wilders was on course to win more than the prime minister's party.

Results so far, as of 5:37 NYC time.

31 seats for Dutch Labour Party
31 seats for People's Party for Freedom and Democracy
23 seats for Freedom Party
21 seats for Christian Democrats

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Very interesting situation. I'm Dutch and voted PVV (Geert Wilders). Now it has to be said that the media is giving a wrong impression of him (especially CNN, BBC etc, everything abroad). He's not anti Islam, he just fears that it becomes to large in the Netherlands and he wants to punish the ones doing the wrong stuff. Most immigrants have good intentions but some, well... Now, he used a lot of other things in his campaign. Especially the healthcare, and the care for elder people got my attention. There is much to say about him and his party but the fact is: He sounds/sounded (pretty calm last months, just to take the doubting voters?) extreme at times, but if you do some research, he sais what a lot of people think. We need to take action as soon as problems occur.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WeZet

I'm not questioning Geert Wilders. I forgot where I first read about him but it intrigued me. I did some research on him and his political views and I rather like him, except economically. I don't consider myself Anti-Immigrant but I think we need to stop the flow of immigrants from the ME, over here in America I don't even think that's legal.

We need to maintain a Secular society, but make it clearly known that Secularism and Christianity are our religions and cultures.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Wilders party got a 1/6 of the seats? I wonder what the popular vote will show. Seems the Dutch are very much concerned with immigration.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well, the 'problem' is, immigrants did rebuild our country after the second world war. We sort of owe them something. Nowadays there's lots of crime, also from Dutch people, off course, tough there is a lot to say about it.

top topics

join