It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle formation hovering over London, UK - 6th June 2010

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I almost cringed watching that video.....ET comes looking for intelligent life and they are met by Vicky Pollard from Little Britain!

I agree with the lantern theory, until someone provides a clearer video that doesn't look like they are using a pneumatic drill whilst filming.

People are often amazed at the fact that numerous objects can travel in formation or at the same speed, but if they are in the same section of wind, it's bound to happen i'd have imagined?

CX.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'm falling into the trap, no doubt, but some people here seem intent on proving their intellectual prowess without actually adding anything of interest to threads or subjects.

I mean pluuuse, put it away… get a room, learn to love a little.

The lantern view has already been put forward and it seems a decent enough explanation, yet I’m not sold but hey to all you lantern spotters out there, congratulations on your ability to seek and deal with reality.

But, pray tell, why the ego on display?

Say it is lanterns by all means but why the high levels of self importance? It makes me somewhat queasy.

I found the video's interesting, so did an Italian newsroom and so did a few others. I have seen strange lights in the sky myself recently and wondered while chilling in my world if maybe it is linked to this lantern phenomenon on display in 2 different countries on the same day.

The answer, like most things on ATS, is probably in the fact it is anything but extraordinary, hmmm maybe it is lanterns, but it interests me… if only for now.

Please peeps pass comment on what you think it might be but do try to avert yourself from the playground bully tactics.

Now once again, I’ll state I have seen strange lights in South London, read my first post for a description, they are similar to the lights posted on this thread… has anybody else seen them?

If not, no biggie that’s cool, I just thought I’d ask after reading this thread…

Peace.

EDIT: I feel the need to add the lights are not there tonight... boohoo!

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Phantasmagoria]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
These look the real deal. Other than your usual "sky lantern" sighting.

I've seen hundreds of Lantern videos (even Lanterns in person) and the colour is off-set to what Sky Lanterns omit. These seem a white-hue compared to the typical orange "flashing" Sky Lantern sightings.

It'd be interesting to find more video on this event.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It's me again. Thanks Spirit777 and k3rm1t for replying.

As said on my earlier post, I'm not an expert so I don't have a clue what those objects are. I've done some research on the net, trying to figure out whether those are chinese lanterns and if the sighting in UK is somehow linked to the one in Rome or if it's merely a coincidence.

I stumbled upon this article:

Celebrate Great Outdoors Month with Sky Lanterns
June 5th, 2010
June is Great Outdoors Month so all UK residents should get out into the fresh air and do something fun as a family. Whether you are enjoying some one on one time with your significant other, having a family recreation day or enjoying a fun party with friends and relatives, make sure you incorporate activities outdoors. Everyone should enjoy the outdoors regularly and what better time to step up your efforts than on Great Outdoors Month? One really fun activity that you can incorporate into any event is to set off sky lanterns. It is the perfect outdoor activity for any occasion

Source:
Night Sky Lanterns

You can also check out their photo gallery here.

Note: I've never seen a chinese lantern nor a ufo in my entire life. Hoping to see either one of them this summer.

Anyways, lanterns or not...I still find the two sightings interesting. I wish the videos were a bit longer and showed how those objects disappeared in the sky.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hi. I had to write something here as I am very curious about something I saw in the sky last night. Just after 11pm, a friend and I saw a triangle of lights/stars in the sky, which seemed to be create a black triangle inbetween. This was moving ever so slowly and we watched it for a while. It was hard to say how high these lights were so I can't really guage their size; they appeared to be rather high and so I suppose the whole triangle was quite big. We looked away from a brief moment and, when we looked back, the lights had gone.
I live in Southampton, UK, by the way. Anyone see anything like this last night?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantasmagoria[/ I live in South London also, Eltham to be exact. I have seen this star almost every night for months. I would PM you about it but I cant on account of being a noob...

<< 1   >>

join