It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly is a Conservative Anarchist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I've read in forums people claiming that they were Conservative Anarchist. I could not find any clear definitions as to what they were and their general beliefs. The term seems like an oxymoron to me, as Anarchism is usually associated with far left thinking. So it's kind of weird imagining a conservative having very liberal beliefs.

So just wondering, is there anyone here who knows what it is? Are you a Conservative Anarchist yourself? If so, can you explain your thinking?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I am Not a conservative anarchist but I am a conservative Democrat (see thread I created). However, I am with you on the fact that anarchy is so far left, I find it hard to combine it with conservatism.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by FBI 33]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well let me explain it to you in the best way I know.

They are the ones that when sitting at a red light at 2 AM and looking all around and realizing they are the only car on the road and there is no police to be seen,run the light.

That is about as close to being an anarchist a conservative can get.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
Well let me explain it to you in the best way I know.

They are the ones that when sitting at a red light at 2 AM and looking all around and realizing they are the only car on the road and there is no police to be seen,run the light.

That is about as close to being an anarchist a conservative can get.

I like that haha

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It's like being a passive activist, or an active passivist
, you know, the kind that sits on the couch yelling at the news

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
As anarchism has no rules, but the rules of the jungle, a conservative anarchist would be the vanguard of humanity on their march into:

Humans aren't capable of living under anarchy - and still be able to be considered as evolving physically, mentally and spiritually. Or should I say 95% of us aren't.

There will come a time, but we still have alot of progress to make between now and then before we can say that Anarchism is in our best interests and the next logical step. And by the time that comes around, the words conservative and progressive will have very little in common with the way we label ourselves today.

new topics

top topics

join