It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Transit of Venus

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Nice photo of the event seen from Alabama. I saw the event in Virginia. I remember showing my son the dark dot on the projected image of the sun and telling him that one day I'd remind him that he saw the event.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I agree. I've lost the thread but was on Rumormill at time of event. A search on that site might reveal it, will look myself. But around the transit, there indeed were many meteorite impacts, could be electrical connection.

mclinking

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Meteorites in New Zealand

This meteorite crashed through the roof of Brenda and Phil Archer’s home in the Auckland suburb of Ellerslie on 12 June 2004. It bounced off a leather couch and hit the ceiling, before coming to rest on the floor where their grandson had been playing a few minutes earlier. Brenda Archer said that it was lucky it hit the roof: ‘If it had fallen in the garden, it would probably have been added to the pile of rocks I’m taking to the dump. Nobody would have known about it.’

I believe this might be the source of the story. A meteorite hit a house.

Back in 1954 we have this story.

Hodge hit by meteorite - 1954

The first modern instance of a meteorite striking a human being occurs at Sylacauga, Alabama, when a meteorite crashes through the roof of a house and into a living room, bounces off a radio, and strikes a woman on the hip. The victim, Mrs. Elizabeth Hodges, was sleeping on a couch at the time of impact. The space rock was a sulfide meteorite weighing 8.5 pounds and measuring seven inches in length. Mrs. Hodges was not permanently injured but suffered a nasty bruise along her hip and leg.

Ancient Chinese records tell of people being injured or killed by falling meteorites, but the Sylacauga meteorite was the first modern record of this type of human injury. In 1911, a dog in Egypt was killed by the Nakhla meteorite.

#4 Ann Hodges
Go down to #4 to see photos.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
What's up guys.

I remember watching this show earlier this year and i remember thinking "OK, maybe this show will show some hard evidence of a doomsday prediction which everyone is talking about." Sure enough, the show was awful. The entire show was based on 1 guy's theory that the rock was a carving and that the transit of Venus signals a doomsday scenario. Terrible. The title of the program was simply a hook for people to watch. In fact, I'd say History channel knew full well that the program was very uninteresting yet they aired it solely for the fact that people will watch it according to the title.

You basically wait an hour to see this rock that supposedly is carved and predicts a scenario. When we finally do this rock, all we see is a guy trying to climb it while he explains his ludicrous idea.

What did I learn from this program? I learned that I could make a documentary called "2012 Killer Tampons" and 3 networks would want to air it. It seems that advertisers pay good money for anything associated with 2012.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by spinalremain]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join