It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Creatures That Prove Life Could Exist On Other Planets (Or In Space)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Five Creatures That Prove Life Could Exist On Other Planets (Or In Space)

io9.com

Want to know what life will look like on other planets? Look no farther than these five creatures, who are already prepared for life on Saturn's moon Titan - or in the hard vacuum of deep space.

Unlike humans, with our pesky need for things like oxygen and sugar, some creatures are more flexible in the habitats where they feel comfortable. Here are five lifeforms who are prepared to live on other planets right now.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
wow so now they can prove they can live on those planet

The discovery of dense colonies of these one-to-two-inch-long, flat, pinkish worms burrowing into a mushroom-shaped mound of methane seeping up from the sea floor raises speculation that the worms may be a new species with a pervasive and as yet unknown influence on these energy-rich gas deposits . . .

so now lets find them

io9.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-5-2010 by hornyana_jones]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Isn't it amazing how life just "finds a way" to exist? I'm a Christian, so I may see a different reason than others for this (God REALLY likes life), but you have to admit its amazing nonetheless.

s&f from me!

[edit on 12-5-2010 by nobody you know]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
i knew it would be tube worms, archaebacteria, and they little water bear things
they pretty much adapted to a hostile environment on earth. it's pretty obvious that a being that is anaerobic coul live in space, and some archaebacteria are capable of surviving in water from a mine with a pH factor of 1!!!

so, ya, i admire that you found this, S+F, and great find nonetheless

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hornyana_jones

Very interesting thread you have here. I think it goes to prove there is probably nowhere life cannot exist in some form or another.

Also makes me wonder...Earth may have been "seeded" panspermia or something like that. We might be the nasty microbes of other planets. We might be that little known, weird looking creature sent here mainly because we could withstand the climate.

top topics

join