It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nano Spider DNA Breakthrough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

ScienceDaily (May 12, 2010) — A team of scientists from Columbia University, Arizona State University, the University of Michigan, and the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) have programmed an autonomous molecular "robot" made out of DNA to start, move, turn, and stop while following a DNA track.

Science Daily

Although other DNA walkers have been developed before, they've never ventured farther than about three steps. "This one," says Yan, "can walk up to about 100 nanometers. That's roughly 50 steps.

Wow. Imagine the benefits of this technology. Sometimes i am amazed with the progress we have made within the last 25 years.

Imagine the next 50 years.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Do the low to non-existant ethics over people receiving nanotech in their bodies cause you any concern OP? Does the fact that they are making "spiders composed of DNA" cause you any points of concern? Should we embrace technology such as this when nano "buckyballs" in hair products have been proven harmful to normal cells?

Buckyballs, the new flouride conspiracy?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why can't they stop tampering with our bodies? Did we authorize this to take place? Not a chance. There is no such thing as a caring corporate medical industry, or a corporate science community - it's all about the money. How to get grants for it, how to earn it, how to overcharge for it, and how to mis-spend it.

Ban all nanotech until it's properly regulated, and people can have the educated choice of whether or not they want to work with it.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Could it possibly revolutionize fat burning and muscle building?

That would be pretty amazing.

I would embrace this technology, after a few years of trials though.

Good find

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

nano technology is one of the most important fields today... it could have the power to cure all diseases we have today including HIV/AIDS, Cancer, Sickle cell, and more.

I am sure microwave ovens were considered dangerous and there were many people who thought they should be better regulated becuase of the off chance someone could turn it on with the door open and then be standing in front of it long enough to be hurt but hey i see almost everyone in america has one.

my point is sure people can and will do stupid things with them but i would not like to be in a world were innovation like this did not take place.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide Awake R U

Wow. Imagine the benefits of this technology. Sometimes i am amazed with the progress we have made within the last 25 years.

Imagine the next 50 years.

Only problem is this earth as we know it probably wont hold out that long...
bummer

[edit on 12-5-2010 by faceoff85]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I love hearing about breakthroughs of this nature.

Hopefully this will speed the technology for dna computers.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

nano technology is one of the most important fields today... it could have the power to cure all diseases we have today including HIV/AIDS, Cancer, Sickle cell, and more.

We already have these cures from nature. The further "cures" are nothing more than corporations feeding monetarily on the lies they have brainwashed the populus with. They can only make things worse. It's a foregone conclusion

I am sure microwave ovens were considered dangerous and there were many people who thought they should be better regulated becuase of the off chance someone could turn it on with the door open and then be standing in front of it long enough to be hurt but hey i see almost everyone in america has one.

Microwaves are damaging to the food we eat. They destroy the electromagnetic sphere that normally surrounds food, and the molecular structure no longer benefits us. If you are using it for more than heating your coffee, you may have some health problems which you can now point to a source. You are using that as a reason to support nanotech. That's tragic.

www.globalhealingcenter.com...
www.relfe.com...

top topics

join