It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Election 2010

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Shame Darling retained his seat at his constituency, if a government is not formed by late May then the Queen will call a new election for the fall of the year and Brown will remain the incumbent PM until then, as much as i dislike Labour i would rather have Gordon than Milliband or Harriet Harman. It's looking more and more likely that the Conservatives will form a coalition with the Liberal Democrats, we should find out early next week.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
i cant see the Libs joining with Labour, especially after Gorgon apperntly "Ranted" at Nick Clegg last night on the phone. Gordon's got to go.

The outcome of tommorrows meeting with the torries and the Libs will be interesting. I can't see the torries conceding on electoral reform, so they will be bargaining on other issues. How this goes down with the LIb Dem faithful remains to be seen

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Maybe it's a good thing to have a joint cabinet... will obviously take a while to discuss and decide which policies both parties can agree to but lib dems/consercative compromise would better than a Labour/Lib dems compromise i'd say....

Whatever happens, we need Labour out of office!!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Maybe it's a good thing to have a joint cabinet... will obviously take a while to discuss and decide which policies both parties can agree to but lib dems/consercative compromise would better than a Labour/Lib dems compromise i'd say....

Whatever happens, we need Labour out of office!!

Hmm, i personally prefer Lib/Lab joint cabinet with Nick Clegg as the leader.The reason for that is the policies of conservatives differ alot from Lib Dems and any future joint cooperation might end in pieces and another election might be called soon.

Which might piss the general public off and lead to increase in votes for the far-right parties as the main 3 weren't able to pull their act together.

Indeed Nick Clegg is the King Pin, his final decision = Britain's future.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by merkava

Maybe a re-election in a year or so wouldn't be too bad an idea... i know conservatives and lib dems are two very different parties but i just don't like Labour anymore.... they need to get out!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join