It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Rosicrucians around?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by miltie
OK, hold on a second. What is the difference between being a member of a Masonic lodge and being a member of Societas Rosicruciana in Civitatibus Foederatis? In other words if you were already a Mason why would you apply for membership in Societas Rosicruciana? And is it difficult to join the Societas?

The SRICF is an "appendent" body of Masonry. In other words it is an invitational group that restricts it's membership to Master Masons. There are several such groups (Knight Masons, Allied Masonic Degrees, Royal Order of Scotland, Red Cross of Constantine, Sovereign York Rite College, etc.) Each of these are "honor" groups per se, who invite Masons who've shown interest in various aspects of Masonry. Membership in each is by invitation only, so unlike the York Rite, Scottish Rite, Shrine, etc. a Mason can't "petition" or "ask" for membership but must be asked to join by members of the group.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy

Originally posted by Tesla
My girlfriend's fiance is from Calabria Italy,

Wait... what?

If I understood that properly, poor, poor Tesla.

I don't get it, you don't like Calabria???

Let me clarify.... my friend is marrying a Rosicrucian from Calabria Italy.
L.V.X.
Soror A

[edit on 1-9-2004 by Tesla]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tesla
I don't get it, you don't like Calabria???

Let me clarify.... my friend is marrying a Rosicrucian from Calabria Italy.
L.V.X.
Soror A

[edit on 1-9-2004 by Tesla]

Soror Tesla, I apologise. I thought (for what I think are obvious reasons) that you were a gentleman (no insult intended). Hence, you can see how the "girlfriend" moniker was in turn confusing.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

Originally posted by Senrak

The SRICF is an "appendent" body of Masonry. In other words it is an invitational group that restricts it's membership to Master Masons. There are several such groups (Knight Masons, Allied Masonic Degrees, Royal Order of Scotland, Red Cross of Constantine, Sovereign York Rite College, etc.) Each of these are "honor" groups per se, who invite Masons who've shown interest in various aspects of Masonry. Membership in each is by invitation only, so unlike the York Rite, Scottish Rite, Shrine, etc. a Mason can't "petition" or "ask" for membership but must be asked to join by members of the group.

Greetings Senrak, is that the same order that Manley P. Hall belonged to? He was a Rosicrusian and a Mason wasn't he?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
is that the same order that Manley P. Hall belonged to? He was a Rosicrusian and a Mason wasn't he?

To my knowledge, Bro. Hall was not a member of SRICF.

Practically every anti-Masonic website that mentions Hall claims that he founded a Rosicrucian institution in California. But in reality, the organization they are alluding to, the Philosophical Research Society, is not Rosicrucian at all.

Their website is:

www.prs.org...

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
Greetings Senrak, is that the same order that Manley P. Hall belonged to? He was a Rosicrusian and a Mason wasn't he?

I don't believe it is. Hall wasn't a Freemason until late in life. In fact he wrote his books that mention Freemasonry and the one ABOUT Freemasonry before he was a Mason.

THere are several groups out there that use the title "Rosicrucian" so likely he was one of those.

Regards,

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Now is it necessary to be a Christian to be a member of Societas Rosicruciana in Civitatibus Foederatis? And what kind of Christian? Any kind? Can you be a Gnostic Christian? Can you be someone who follows the teachings of Christ but does not believe in his divinity? Do you have to belong to some denomination? What is the requirement here? And I know this is going to sound ridiculous but what are the odds of being admitted once you satisfy all the requirements.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by miltie
Now is it necessary to be a Christian to be a member of Societas Rosicruciana in Civitatibus Foederatis? And what kind of Christian? Any kind? Can you be a Gnostic Christian? Can you be someone who follows the teachings of Christ but does not believe in his divinity? Do you have to belong to some denomination? What is the requirement here? And I know this is going to sound ridiculous but what are the odds of being admitted once you satisfy all the requirements.

See...

www.geocities.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join