It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bret Michaels in critical condition.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c5904574b650.jpg[/atsimg]

Two weeks removed from an emergency appendectomy, Bret Michaels was rushed to the hospital on Thursday night where it was discovered the rocker had suffered a massive brain hemorrhage, a rep for the rocker confirmed to Access Hollywood.

This is sad. Well wishes to him and his family and hope for a recovery. It will be touch and go for the next few days to weeks.

omg.yahoo.com...

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Jess_Undefined]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
That is sad indeed , Jess. Michaels is lucky. One of my closest friends just told me of someone who died from one recently. It's serious stuff.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
.... Doctor's say it was caused by an overly tight bandana which he has never taken off.

what is under there !!!!!! :bnghd:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

from the above article,
the guy.... also a laid back guy like myself, got a brain hemorrhage just as i did 13 years ago... same diagnosis, same area near the brain stem

i had 3 clamps put on my aneurism... and i have to insist that the medical technicians understand that i have these internal appliances before i get into that MRI machine !

Michaels, a contestant on "The Celebrity Apprentice," suffered a subarachnoid hemorrhage, which causes bleeding in the fluid-filled spaces around the base of the brain. He was rushed to the hospital on Friday with a severe headache.

"Doctors state Michaels is very lucky as his condition could have been fatal," according to the statement...

"With further testing and rehabilitation, they are hopeful that Bret will gradually improve as the blood surrounding the brain dissolves and is reabsorbed into his system, which can be a very painful recovery and take several weeks to months," the statement said.

they are understating his prognosis i think, they might have to drill a drain hole in his skull to get rid if the contaminated brain fluid...then a big enough hole in his skull to clamp on some titanium clamps on his busted blood vessles

my event had left me hemiplegic - in that the whole left side of my body was not functioning,
but after 13 years of therapy, i have limited use of my left leg, arm, eye, etc

i'm still numb on that side of the body, like it's fallen asleep numb...
i must overtly try to swing my left arm when walking with a cane or i resemble a zombie or robot.

i have a suspicion that bret, myself too, were "laid back" persons ~because~ our 'subconscious' knew that we had a aneurism growing & ready to explode any minute into a subarachnoid hemorrhage.

bret might need to wear an eye patch for a up to a year if he gets the out-of-focus problems i had... all learned depth preception was gone, the eyes focused independently instead of in a stereoscopic configuration...
imagine you eyes focusing in two directions approximately 4 inches apart and very slowly that margin diminishes to only a pencil line apart...
which is even more aggravating as nothing ever gets focused clearly !!

good therapy bret M

(i joked with my physical therapists that at least my left hand fingers were frozen into a D cord position...)

[edit on 28-4-2010 by St Udio]

join