It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN or FFA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So, what do YOU think? Should the UN exsist? Or should we have a tota free for all between all the world's nations? Or maybe something in-between?

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This latest fiasco has proven a few drastic flaws with the UN...

1) It will idly stand by while it's resolutions go unheeded by it's members, even for 12 years...

2) It's power structure (i.e. permanent security council members) no longer reflects the proportionate power in world affairs...(i.e. the fact that France and Germany are on it still)

3) It takes longer to act than it took for a river to carve the grand Canyon...

My vote, scrap it and come up with something new that accurately reflects the powers of the world, and that actually enforces it's will...

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
IMO, ban the UN & have the world *leaders* have a free-for-all with *each other*...Don't create armies & drag civilians into their arguments, make 'em back up their arguments on their *own* merits. If these a-holes actually had to *fight* for what they say, they'd be doing a lot less talking...

[Edited on 5-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The idea that despots and dictators can sit at the same table with the leaders of free nations, that free market nations can work with communistic nations is ridiculous, and the U.N. has proven that to be true for decades.

top topics

join