It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Indians injured by Dirty Bomb material in Delhi market

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Five Indians injured by Dirty Bomb material in Delhi market

debka.com

Five people suffering serious burns were hospitalized in West New Delhi this week from contact with radioactive material in a Delhi scrap market identified as Cobalt-60 which may be used for making a dirty bomb. Indian police cordoned off the 200 market stores and sealed nearby establishments up to a one-kilometer radius.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hmm, VERY interesting. Especially when the article goes on to say:

"prime minister Manmohan Singh briefed on the incident before leaving for Washington to attend the nuclear security summit which opened Monday, April 12."

How ironic is that? You go to leave for a Nuclear Security Summit, but not before your capital has to deal with radioactive material.

This will be intersting to watch.

"Nuclear scientists from the Baba Atomic Research Center and Narora Atomic Power Plant identified the material and are working around the clock to investigate its source."

Do you think we'll actually be told the orgins of it, or will it be horrible lied about? Maybe this is a conspiracy to go after Palestine?

Just wanted to put out: a Google News source reveals only Debka, the rest are a couple of blogs. Why aren't more of the MSM picking up on this?

debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-4-2010 by gatorboi117]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
There is still no new more media reports on this. I found one write up Forget Loose Nuclear Weapons, It’s Loose Nuclear Waste that is the real worry and a video, something to see.

Zelong.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I find it very strange that this isn't be picked up anywhere else!

I'm going to try to dig deeper and find other news sources.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
This is nothing new radioactive scrap has been a problem for years.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.rferl.org...
www.nti.org...
health.phys.iit.edu...
health.phys.iit.edu...
www.highbeam.com...
www.digitaljournal.com...

Now this is worrisome how many people have radioactive tile in there homes
taxdollars.freedomblogging.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Old news from Debka - Thread should be placed out from Breaking News...

Otherwise its interesting report, but doesnt lead us anywhere.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by gatorboi117
How ironic is that? You go to leave for a Nuclear Security Summit, but not before your capital has to deal with radioactive material.

This will be intersting to watch.

Mmmm nothing suss there amirite?

I wonder if this is the new form of gunboat diplomacy. Launch a terrorist attack in the country to influence policy decisions.

I've no doubt this was an American operation. It certainly fits with their modus operandi aka the grand chessboard.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

There were further investigations conducted on this matter, Its estimated that many Universities in India use Materials like Cobalt which actually are the prime cause of Radioactive waste. And many of these universities simply auction it as scrap material to these scrap owners. For many years this has gone by unnoticed. Only these days this is coming out.

top topics

join