It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Retirement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
PODcast:

Retirement

What to do after Retirement

length: 09:34
file: btstpod_3337.mp3
size: 8982k
feed: btst

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hi semperfortis,

First of all I guess with your experience you could write books, be a teacher and so on.

I agree you will miss the adrenaline rushes but I would try to do sports or what you like, there are sports that might give a similar rush.

And most important of all, try to relax once in a while and be proud you took your life in the good direction.

Good luck, And perhaps you will discover some new talents in your search.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

"How do I leave that?"

That to which you refer to cannot be left.

Without wishing to get too spiritual, the addiction to which you refer to, the "rushes" if you will, are available to you without the external construct of circumstance. Whet defines that state as you yourself expressed, is a high level of awareness which is present in that moment ... between the call and the arrival, during the "action," the mind is fully focused on the present moment and all external noise, thoughts, past/future, are absent. It is the purest form of just being. And it is an invitation ...

For you are not a man of violence, you're a man amongst violence.

And that is always available to you without having it be subject to the capricious frequency of external events. That is to say that even as the vehicle for this feeling of aliveness, your job, ends ... the door is opening for you to be the source of that life as opposed to the consequence, like an addict who no longer needs the drug to free themselves of their self.

It will be alright ... you are a man of high virtue, principle and compassion ... it will be alright.

Always around if you wish for further discussion on the above.

Big Love!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Super there is no question about it. You were born, a man of violence sure, but also to be a radio commentator. Your message sounded heart felt, deep and real; I can imagine many many people responding to your voice. Your voice is wonderful. Think about having your own radio show; you have the voice for it. As a man of violence, which is something that comes from too deep inside to disagree with, you can understand others with that same streak. You could also counsel people, do community work. You have a great deal to give above and beyond your current circumstance. Congratulations on a moving and truly wonderful podcast.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Thank you all.

I am truly humbled and honored by your comments.

Semper

top topics

join