It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent cases show challenge of US terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Recent cases show challenge of US terrorists

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – One was a drywall contractor and father, another a petite woman who cared for the elderly, another a U.S. military officer. The most alarming thing about a string of recently arrested terror suspects is that they are all Americans.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Did a quick search and did not see this anywhere, so my apologies if it has been brought up before. My wife found it while cruising through Yahoo News and emailed it to me.

This is a rather alarming trend. I think I might have to make use of my CCW permit a little more then I do now.

Maybe we can get a discussion going on here. I would like to know what is in these people's heads. I may never understand it.

Thoughts, opinions and discussion please.

Thanks

Semper Fidelis

-Nate

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

Terrorism exists in every society, terrorists exists in every society.. You will find more terrorists in a society which feels that justice hasn't been served therefore take the law in to their own hands.

Let's not forget that Police terrorize criminals, that being said it is done according to law therefore they are not regarded as terrorists.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Wow. I actually HEARD of Boyd when I was a drywall cleanup slave- I mean worker.

The way the govt and sometimes law enforcement acts, I'd love to know why the pot calls the kettle black.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This is a very important story that needs attention to the front page. While I have no doubt there are people within the USA that may want to do violence to promote their cause, I do not condone my government continuing to cover lies to upset the population, only to arrest them when they speak out.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
There were almost 1300 comments made on this Yahoo story when I last checked about an hour or so ago. The first comment by a poster named Larry almost sounds it could be someone from this very message board.

With that being said, by this story, could there be many right here on this site be considered "terrorists"? The news story says that some took to jihad right away, while in some the feelings they had festered for months or years eventually leading to a violent outbreak.

As I stated in my OP, this is a rather alarming trend. It matters not what TPTB tell us, or what the MSM reports because there will always be someone (or a group of someones) that will disagree and claim conspiracy no matter what. Take 911 for instance; let's pretend that the OS is in fact true (not saying it is, but my personal beliefs are that there are some holes in the OS). Let us pretend that it had been irrefutably proven to be the hijacked planes by terrorists and the whole thing was true. How many would there be that STILL say it was a government inside job, or whatever your own personal belief is.

I guess my point is that no matter what, there will always be people unhappy with the government and they will find a reason for this "jihad".

We have had this coming for quite some time though and it's our own fault for allowing anyone and everyone into this country to "live the American dream". Perhaps if we were a bit more selective, we might have avoided some of this.

As far as the people in the news story and any future jihad-ists, well, let them go live in a third world country like Iraq so they can be with their muslim bretheren. Let's see how far they get and how good their life is there.

I will stop for now and let someone else take the stand...

Semper Fidelis

-Nate

new topics

top topics

join