It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Facts About USA Nuclear Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

The numbers are truly staggering.

It kind of makes you wonder: "Is there enough of these bombs out there to destroy the earth?"

I mean really, we have a quite a few nukes out there. Here's some things you might not know about them:

Total number of nuclear missiles built, 1951-present: 67,500

Peak number of nuclear warheads and bombs in the stockpile/year: 32,193/1966

Largest and smallest nuclear bombs ever deployed: B17/B24 (~42,000 lbs., 10-15 megatons); W54 (51 lbs., .01 kilotons, .02 kilotons-1 kiloton)

Total known land area occupied by U.S. nuclear weapons bases and facilities: 15,654 square miles

Estimated amount spent between October 1, 1992 and October 1, 1995 on nuclear testing activities: $1,200,000,000 (0 actual tests)

And here's a really fun one:
Minimum number of classified pages estimated to be in the Department of Energy's possession (1995): 280 million

Full list- Click here

Honestly, when you look at the figures, it's insane. All of that money used...all of those elements and materials. It all comes up to billions of dollars.

What do you think ATS?

Too much?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Crazy. Think about it, we only need 1 nuke to end the world. Radiation, dirty bomb, ect.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by h1satsu

There is a bomb off the coast of Savannah, Ga. Sitting out there in the ocean..

We locals make a big joke of it, Savannah is weird enough as is....

But still. it;s crazy.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

Cost of the Manhattan Project (through August 1945): $20,000,000,000

$20,000,000,000 for the Manhattan Project and not a single member of Congress even knew about it.

Who says the U.S. Government can't keep a secret?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Exactly.

If they can keeps secrets that big from each other, imagine what they keep from us.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

Like UFO's and what not. We probably couldn't imagine what they had locked away for so long.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Weirdest info I've heard about nukes is that it seems they can only be detonated at certain places at certain times due to localised energy grids... anyone have any more light on this info? Have done a bit of looking into it but other than Bruce Kathie there is not much else.

I believe nukes are redundant now with scalar Em weapons able to deliver more power than any nuke that we know of in a smaller area... without fallout and almost without trace.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I live in the north-suburbs of Chicago. There is a Nike Missile Silo right next to our high school. I'm a sophomore and the abandoned missile silo seriously is 100 feet from the parking lot.

Here's a screenshot from google maps:

We all at the school find it pretty interesting. When opposing teams come to play us in football, they always ask what the hell that giant silo is, so we tell them it's a communication machine for communicating with extraterrestrials that was funded by our township. They always just give us the craziest look, haha. If you do your research, I'm sure you can find out where I go to school. Oh well, lol.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
Exactly.

If they can keeps secrets that big from each other, imagine what they keep from us.

InertiaZero, good point -I don't know if you've seen his work before but Richard Dolan makes some very interesting points here about government secrecy and compartmentalization of information.

There's also some pretty freaky nuclear weapon photographs at the link in this thread.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der

I believe nukes are redundant now with scalar Em weapons able to deliver more power than any nuke that we know of in a smaller area... without fallout and almost without trace.

i think your bang on the money with the scalar weapons!
truly scary stuff.there is an excellent ATS thread on these type's
of radio wave type weapons and Tom Bearden has a good site.

top topics

join