It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Example: How cops LIE to get warrants!! Cops Busted!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
For those now silent members who said that it was only a FEW cops that are bad....here is MORE proof it is endemic!!

justiceanddrugs.blogspot.com...

I could go on and on...www.truthinjustice.org...

and on: www.huffingtonpost.com...

Keep reading: www.huffingtonpost.com... Cops showing support for other crooked cops.

And: Cop resigns because of his PERJURY: www.syracuse.com...

and:
www.nytimes.com...

plenty more where that came from...it could go on forever...too many bad lying cops.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkangel831
Out of the literally 10s of thousands of warrants signed by the police each and everyday across the nation, you have decided that three examples are sufficient to denigrate all police.

What genius logic you have there

Actually, my belief is that it is quite logical. What you have is a substantial sampling of law enforcement behavior indicating at best unethical/unprofessional behavior and at worst outright illegal behavior, including perjury and most likely racketeering.

There are NO empirically based investigations of police perjury because it is, more often that not, obfuscated by DAs offices and judges. Furthermore, it never will be carefully investigated.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
reply to post by andy1033

Explain this to me then. If all police are bad then why has my dad arrested two members of our family and multiple members of my wifes family. The two guys he arrested out of our family were actually around him everyday while he was growing up. Some people are bad, tell me what your job is and I will be able to paint you the same way with some examples of bad apples from your profession.

Respectfully, I really do believe that if you were able to look into your father's heart and conscience, you would see some pretty egregious actions and beliefs regarding his on-the-job behavior.

Yeah, nobody is perfect. People in all walks of life lie about all kinds of different things. The difference is that you father (and other cops / law enforcers) wield the police power of the state and are paid to be honest and conservative in exercise their ability to take away someone's rights, freedoms and, potentially, their lives.

By the way, even little lies while under oath, fueled by lots of rationalizations ("Man, every other cop on the beat has to fudge a little and massage the data to boost his case."), intellectualization (It is just the way business is in law enforcement...It has to be done....It is us against them and all those lawyers"), denial ("I didn't really do anything wrong by changing the indictment a little.") is an erosion of human rights.

<< 1  2   >>

join