It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention all Firefighters and Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
My wife is on our ladies auxiliary on my Fire Department. Our training officer has been teaching them First responder stuff these past few months. Tonight she came home very concerned. He taught them advanced triage as in a situation X type event.

I don't have time to go into details but have any fo you noticed anything out of the ordinary in regards to preparation and training for something huge?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
We train SitX stuff like 4 times a year and have for the past 50 years....nothing to worry about outside the normal crap we all worry about....its been WHAT IF training for a LONG time....just another day...learn from it and take something benefitial away from it....thats all

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
We train SitX stuff like 4 times a year and have for the past 50 years....nothing to worry about outside the normal crap we all worry about....its been WHAT IF training for a LONG time....just another day...learn from it and take something benefitial away from it....thats all

Do tell. What exactly is the sit-x training you have experienced?

What type of scenarios have they come up with?

Lets say that we were in deep doo doo. Lets say that it was a distinct enemy that we were fighting. Could I literally show up at the police station armed to the teeth, and have them "deputize" me until the threat was eliminated? Or is that just never a good idea?

I don't want to be a cop, but under certain circumstances I have skills that they would find very useful. I would definitely want to help if we were getting invaded or something.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by downtown436]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

I can dig that we train SITX nearly once a month...its expected of the Fire service to be ready. This is the Firefighters wives training for this...during my career as a firefighter the ladies aux. is for making sandwiches for us during really bad scenes when the red cross cannot make it out with Subway sandwiches.

I know the PD doesn't have to train as much for this type of scenario as us (you guys need to train to get a better aim with your stun gun..../JK) believe me I know the SIT X training I am sure more than yourself but when they start to train my wife and state your husbands wont be there to help they will be on the front lines I got a lump in my throat and did not yawn and go...good I hope she enjoyed the training. I thought hmmmm why are they training my wife where to place dead bodies and how to dig a waste ditch.

When my training officer told my wife that if someone is bleeding and not moving to nudge them a few time and if they do not respond move onto the next it got my attention. Maybe my training officer is a bit fanatical and this is why I was asking if anyone else has seen little subtleties that seem out of the norm.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by LoneGunMan]

top topics

join