It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

English Gematria Calculator

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Sorry double-post.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by SparKzzz]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hi Sparkx

Hmmm..well, in the end, I'm not sure 'finals' actually count in most gemmatrial systems pre 200BCE (yes I can see the error with (t)Zadeh) though. And I'm not sure about all the finals-shapes in the paleoHebrew scripts i.e. how consistent paleoFinals are compared to the more consistent later Square Heb letters (the difficulty is that the older 'origiinal' horned preEzra Phoenician aleph-beth used originally for most of the original oracles quoted by the Apocalypse of Yohanon the Levite - the exception being his Theodotion-like quotations for the Aramaic sections of Daniel which are post Ezra and used the newer square letters rather than paleoHeb)

You understand the greater issue of course with paleoHeb that I am talking about - especially when you have the same words spelled differently (i.e. using similar sounding but altogether different consonants such as we see in the Dead Sea Scrolls corpus which reflects several different hebrew text families,
i.e. you get a different 'gemmatria' for a word when you change the consonants - and this is the biggest issue we have in trying to generate 'numbers' from consonantal paleo-hebrew word texts...

For example in the Apocalypse of Yohanon the Levite (aka Book of Revelation) - whoever wrote or compiled it from apocalyptic OT/Apocryphal/pseudipigraphical scraps - which was written by Jerusalmite Levetical-priestly Messianic hopefuls during the 1st failed Jewish revolt against Romec. 69 CE where Gemmatria certainly is implicated (e.g. chapter 13); we see NRVN QSR for Nero Caesar (Hellenised Heb) and NRV QSR for Nero Caesar (Heb), hence 616 in some MSS and 666 respectively as seen in other competing MSS : Interestingly the 616 is actually found in the oldest text copies of the Greek for this weird and heavilly doctored book/compilation (and there aren't many MSS of the text extant anyway, only about 3 main ones and some papyri).

Several of the 'prophetic oracles' in apocalyptic literature (e.g. the Aramaic sections of Daniel) also make use of Gemmatria, and the issue is establishing a coherent consonantal text, which is problematic since the discovery of the scrolls at Qumran caves 1-11 which do not match the MT very closely in places.

Big headaches...as you can imagine, especially since the aleph-bet changed form for most Hebrew writings after c. 420 BCE under the auspices of 'Ezra ha sofer' from the older horned paleo-letters to the newer more familiar square more modern looking 'Aramaic' letters we see in print today for the Hebrew Scriptures.

Like the Dead Sea Corpus, the writer of the Apocalypse of Yohanon (whoever he was, certainly a levite-priest familiar with the 2nd Temple Complex and Rites living c. 69CE but that's all we can know about him) may have been using gemmatria based BOTH on the square 'Aramaic' (i.e. more modern looking) aleph bet AND the older Paleohebrew Canaanite Phoenician style horned script - and LOTS of errors can creep in when you are trying to deduce anything like a clear or definitive consonantal text from which to generate exact exacgemmatrial numberings for key words and phrases &tc. - a near impossibility given the state of the texts such as we have them since 1946.....

[edit on 8-3-2010 by Sigismundus]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hey man, I'm not trying to debunk anything you say. I was only correcting you there.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hi Sparkx

Cool...I sometimes hear that (especially in the ancient Heb Gemmatrial systems) they don't 'generally' adopt the extra numbering gemmatria for finals (whether using paleo or aramaic aleph-beths) - so whether it's kaph or final-kaph it's still a value of 20 in both instances, etc.

Some mediaeval kabbalists use different systems, I notice, especially in places like Cordoba where Finals carried the larger gemmatria .. but I think with the Apocalypse of Yohanon (69 CE) we're probably safer with keeping a single number linked to a single consonant.

The issue of course is which 'exact consonants' should be used to represent esp. key words with all the different ancient spelling systems in different places for the same passage as it is expressed in different MSS (especially Qumran texts, which the writer of the Apocalypse seems to have known - or at least known about the same MSS family type) - that's where the REAL headache lies !

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The video you cannot miss on the 666 calculation. It is shown below. Use the following keywords in Goggle to find the channel. The keywords are: " 666 CALCULATOR CHANNEL YOU TUBE"

Once there you will find all the videos on 666 and a bunch of great videos about 9/11

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Eschat

Hi Eschat

The issue is that there were a total of 72 different Gematrial 'systems' (as we know the term Gematria comes from the Greek: 'Gamma = Tria' or the 3rd letter (Greek 'gamma') is a numerical value of '3' etc. )

Apparently gemmtria was used in religious and political art and architecture as well as literature as early as c. 2240 BCE with King Sargon of Akkad who had his own monuments inscribed 'with the Number of his Name' - so it has an apparently very old Sumero-Babylonian pedigree...no wonder there evolved so many 'systems' !

We note some of this Tendenz in the Dead Sea Scrolls (c. 350 BCE to 68 CE) but they became very complex as cipher systems in the Middle ages, and the Rebbes made use of both complex as well as simpler ones e.g. the first system of 72 called 'Mishphar ha-Phanim' ('absolute' numbering of letters Aleph to Tav)

Aleph = 1
Beth =2
Gimmel =3
Daled = 4
He = 5
Vav = 6
Tzayin = 7
Chet = 8
Tet = 9
Yod =10
Kaph = 20
Lamed = 30
Mem = 40
Nun = 50
Samek = 60
'Qayin = 70
Phe = 80
Tsadeh = 90
Quph =100
Resh = 200
Shin-Sin = 300
Tav = 400

without any recourse to Sofit endings (the five Heb. letters with different ending forms e.g. Kaph, Mem, Nun, Phe and Tsadeh)

Then there is #2 which is the Mishpar haPhanim Gadol with the 5 sofit ending-letters having additional numbering, continuing the sequence all the way to 900

'Aleph = 1
Beth =2
Gimmel =3
Daled = 4
He = 5
Vav = 6
Tzayin = 7
Chet = 8
Tet = 9
Yod =10
Kaph = 20
Lamed = 30
Mem = 40
Nun = 50
Samek = 60
'Qayin = 70
Phe = 80
Tsadeh = 90
Quph =100
Resh = 200
Shin-Sin = 300
Tav = 400
final form sofit Kaph = 500
final form sofit Mem = 600
final form sofit Nun = 700
final form sofit Phe - 800
final form sofit Tsadeh = 900

Then there is Mishphar Siduri which is merely Aleph to Tav listed as plain and simple numbers 1 to 22

'Aleph = 1
Beth =2
Gimmel =3
Daled = 4
He = 5
Vav = 6
Tzayin = 7
Chet = 8
Tet = 9
Yod =10
Kaph = 11
Lamed = 12
Mem = 13
Nun = 14
Samek = 15
'Qayin = 16
Phe = 17
Tsadeh = 18
Quph = 19
Resh = 20
Shin-Sin = 21
Tav = 22

without any recourse to Sofit endings (the five Heb. letters with different ending forms e.g. Kaph, Mem, Nun, Phe and Tsadeh)

Then there is Mishphar Mishulash-Kidmi, which is a sort of an cumulative numbering system where Beth's value is calculated as 'Aleph's value of (1) added to the position value of Beth (2) taken together to get = 3, and e.g. Gimmel has the cumulative value of Aleph & Beth and Gimmel in their respective numerical positions (1 + 2 + 3 = 6) etc.

'Aleph = 1
Beth = 3 (1+2)
Gimmel =6 (1+2+3)
Daled = 10 (1+2+3+4)
He = 15 (1+2+3+4+5) etc.
Vav = 21
Tzayin = 28
Chet = 36
Tet = 45
Yod = 55
Kaph = 66
Lamed = 78
Mem = 91
Nun = 105
Samek = 120
'Qayin = 136
Phe = 153
Tsadeh = 171
Quph = 190
Resh = 210
Shin-Sin = 231
Tav = 253

There is alsso the Mishphar ha Merubbah haPrati system which makes use of squared numbers

'Aleph = 1
Beth = 4 (or 2 x 2)
Gimmel = 9 (or 3 x 3)
Daled = 16 (or 4 x 4) .
He = 25 (or 5 x 5) etc.
Vav = 36
Tzayin = 49
Chet = 64
Tet = 81
Yod = 100
Kaph = 121
Lamed = 144
Mem = 169
Nun = 196
Samek = 225
'Qayin = 256
Phe = 289
Tsadeh = 324
Quph = 361
Resh = 400
Shin-Sin = 441
Tav = 484

Then of course there is Mishphar Atbash - with the letters reversed from Aleph to Tav making them 'Tav to Aleph' and also reversing their values

'Aleph = Tav = 400
Beth = Shin = 300
Gimmel = Resh = 200
Daled = Quph = 100
He = Tsadeh = 90
Vav = Phe = 80
Tzayin = 'Qayin = 70
Chet = Samek = 60
Tet = Nun = 50
Yod = Mem = 40
Kaph = Lamed = 30
Lamed = Kaph = 20
Mem = Yod = 10
Nun = Mem = 9
Samek = Chet = 8
'Qayin = Zayin = 7
Phe = Vav = 6
Tsadeh = He = 5
Quph = Daled = 4
Resh = Gimmel = 3
Shin-Sin = Beth = 2
Tav = 'Aleph = 1

[Atbash was famous for making SOPHYA = BAPHOMET i.e. the coded name for Wisdom used by the Mystics in the Middle Ages...]

So (basically) the question of the Day is...

WHAT exact form of Hebrew or Aramaic 'Gematria' is to be employed in understanding its apparent use in the so-called Book of Revelation chapter 13 (Apocalypse of Yohanon the levite) c. 69 CE which speaks of the Number of the Beast being the Number of a Name...

Clearly by using Mishphar haPhanim we can see NRV QSR = 616 (the number of the Beast in Rev 13 found in Papyrus # P. Oxy LVI 4499 (from the year c. 260 CE) and Codex Ephraemi Palimsest (from the year c. 360 CE)

and NRVN QSR (alternative spelling for Nero) = 666 (which is the number of the Beast in Rev 13 foundd in Codex Sinaiticus and Codex Alexandrinus)

But should other forms of Gematria be looked at as well perhaps to get another name altogther from c. 69 CE (i.e. Otho, Galba, Vitellius or Vespasian)?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I don't really understand what the Gematria Calculator is.

Today found a link today where someone was hoping to be crowned next week or something.

I put in the words, as shown in my visions of the Cosmic Arrest team of Angel Ets going to UK and arresting royal family and rothchilds, and then others. This pertains to Mercy and Healing, ie Cosmic Angel-Et Counselors Extraordinair to heal the world and help and also to get the renegade slavers rounded up and helped as well.
I've seen me in the blue uniform myself, with them. And have no idea if its real, astral, soon or with no time, at the right moment for them. It always feels soon to me and I yearn for the healing team to come in.

So I plugged it into the Gematria today, and got things so pertaining to my family and many other things, its like pertains to me to a large extent.

www.gematrix.org...

christian warriors of the rapture

h e that feareth is not made perfect in love

i am sought of them that asked not for me

the son the father and the holy spirit

give someone who needs it a smile today

too much repeat trauma to a person can

jesus christ holy blood of i am that i am

undercover of the night i meet my brave

as you speak i find healing for my soul

time of suffering creation is complete

holy lady of wisdom of the trinity

supercalifragilisticexpealidocious

There are quotes from scripture like Isaiah 40 14.

I always speak from my soul, from my memory and knowing, plus remembering Home and What Love Is.
And speak truth righteously. Do not allow any to bear false witness against Love and speak up against the smiting God and the distortions here. What Love is and What Kindness is, it does switch hats ever.

This whole list, had one of my son's name mentioned, and I need to get them out of their bad behavior, and meditate, had our favorite treats for family, chocolate and pizza. Had tobacco mentioned. Supercalifragilisticespialidocious is a word I said often growing up.

Its all very strange indeed.

What is the gematria?

And i can't wait for this whole thing to be over and everyone to be healed up.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Why is there always the assumption that 666 means the devil or evil in some way?

It refers to the self, the inner-you. It has nothing to do with the devil.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BinxieTrollestia

I don't care about all the codes in the Bible. I'm into remembering, and experiencing and that is the basis of my understanding.

What is this Gematria Calclator?

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: refuse2lose2nwo
I would like to first state that I had trouble deciding where to share this so if you people at ATS feel this is in the wrong place I apologize. But I felt this would go into the conspiracy against the NWO based on what is being shown in this link. It also is more proof of the Bible being the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

landmarkbiblebaptist.net...

This is an idea where using the system a=6 b=12 c=18 and so on...

MARK OF BEAST = 666
A SATANIC MARK = 666
NWO DRAGON = 666 (Rev 13:4)
SKULL - BONE = 666 (Lk 8:17)
ILLUSION = 666 (2 Tim 3:7, 13; 2 Thess 2:10-12)
CORRUPT = 666 (Gen 6:11-12)
WITCHCRAFT = 666 (Deut 18:10-12)
ONE POWER = 666 (Dan 11:38-39)

I thought these would be nwo related.

I also think these are related to proving other religions are false.

HINDU'S FIBS = 666 (Deut 5:7-9; Heb 9:27)
SATAN HINDU = 666 (Isa 8:20)
BUDDHA FALSIFIED = 666 (Ex 20:4-5; Heb 9:27; Isa 8:20)
ISLAMIC LIES = 666 (1 Jn 5:7; 2 Tim 2:5; 1 Cor 15:3-4)
ALLAH WRONG = 666 (Ex 20:3; Isa 8:20)
OTHER GODS = 666 (Deut 5:7-9)
DRAGON POPE = 666 (Rev 13:11) (those questioning roman catholisism)
Now the clincher to be is 888 which is god's number.

GEMATRIA: CODE OF GOD = 888
GOD'S NUMBERING = 888
KING OF THE SABBATH = 888 (Matt 12:8)
A HOLY TRUTH = 888 (Acts 4:26-28)
GOD'S PERFECT BIBLE = 888 (Jam 1:25; Ps 19:7)
SAVED IN JESUS = 888 (2 Tim 1:9)
FINISHED CROSS = 888 (Jn 19:30)

and so many others. can this be a coincidence? I don't think so. but should be an interesting discussion.

TRIPLE EIGHTS = 888
TRIPLE DIGITS = 888
THREE NUMBERS = 888
ALPHANUMERIC CODE = 888
DIVINE MATRIX = 888
THIS IS A REAL CODE = 888
THIS IS TRUE = 888
LIVING LORD GOD = 888
WE ARE NOT ALONE = 888
GOD KNOWS US = 888
GOD'S MASTER CODE = 888
GEMATRIA CODE OF GOD = 888