It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man buries himself in snow to evade police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Now this guy is a very good candidate for the darwin award if you ask me. Running through a river and then burying yourself in the snow up to your neck is a very good way to go to sleep and die..

STRATFORD, Ont. - A pickup truck driver in southwestern Ontario was recovering in hospital from hypothermia Sunday evening after he crossed a river on foot and then buried himself up to his neck in snow in an attempt to hide from police. Police began searching for the driver of a pickup just west of Kitchener, Ont., after he failed to stop for a cruiser. When the truck became stuck in a ditch, the driver and a passenger took off on foot. A second passenger remained in the vehicle. Police caught the fleeing passenger but it took the assistance of a canine unit to later locate the driver, found buried in snow. He was sent to hospital by ambulance.

source

I have done some really stupid stunts in my life but what the hell was he thinking??

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It don't say how long they took to find him - I on;y say cos about the last stage in hypothermia is a feeling of intense body heat, people are often found partially clothed... maybe if he was out there long enough in his case burying him self in snow 'seemed' sensible?

new topics

join