It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair accused of putting war with Iran on the electoral agenda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Tony Blair accused of putting war with Iran on the electoral agenda

www.guardian.co.uk

Tony Blair's has been accused of warmongering spin for claiming that western powers might be forced to invade Iran because it poses as serious a threat as Saddam Hussein.

Sir Richard Dalton, a former British ambassador to Iran, accused Blair of trying to make confrontation with Iran an electoral issue after the former prime minister repeatedly singled out its Islamic regime as a global threat in his evidence to the Iraq war inquiry yesterday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Blair said many of the arguments that led him to confront the "profoundly wicked, almost psychopathic" Saddam Hussein seven years ago now applied to the regime in Tehran.

"We face the same problem about Iran today," he told the Chilcot inquiry.

Dalton, the UK ambassador to Iran from 2002 until 2006, said it was essential that all the political parties made clear in the run-up to the general election that there would be no repeat of Blair's actions in respect of Iran.

Could it get any absurd than this? He has made a fool outta himself by comparing Iraq with Iran. Funny he is sitting in Iraq war enquiry about lies and now stating same lies.

TONY BLIAR - PHAIL!!

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
If only someone could take this idiot out or even better get all the politians together and get them to fight the wars.

I am damm sure there would be far less of them if idiots like bush,bliar had to actually go and fight.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpmail
If only someone could take this idiot out or even better get all the politians together and get them to fight the wars.

I am damm sure there would be far less of them if idiots like bush,bliar had to actually go and fight.

I've often thought that it should be compulsory for any politician, who is willing to send a country's young men and women to die in war, to lead the charge by being strapped to the front of a tank.

If politician's knew that by declaring war they would have to sacrifice themselves (for the good of the country of course
) I think you'd find War REALLY would be the final option.

Oh... and any and all business would be conscripted for the duration, providing all necessary equipment at cost... no profit from war.

I wonder if Blair and co would have been so keen then?

new topics

top topics

join