It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate change research sound, chief UK scientist says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Climate change research sound, chief UK scientist says

news.bbc.co.uk

The government's chief scientist says his confidence in climate science remains unshaken despite allegations about the withholding of research data.

Professor John Beddington told the BBC the fundamental science behind man-made global warming was "correct".

He said was concerned that the debate on climate change was becoming artificially polarised.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
After the climate gate debacle involving the University of East Anglia’s “Climate Research Unit”, it looks like the counter attack has begun and where better to start it than the UK governments puppet news provider the BBC of all places, this bastion of left wing liberal bias, has constantly supported the Man Made Global warming line without questioning the science or credibility of the evidence that promotes it.

PS, note to mods, if this is in the wrong place or a double post, please move or remove as necessary.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rogue 9

Throw him in prison for collusion.
Global Warming is a hoax!
The Earth has been cooling for the last 8 years.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I have a video that proves global warming is the truth.

The proponent has high academic placement and has been published in numerous books.

I will let the video speak for itself-

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
nobody knows if GW is a hoax or not, so I think we need to pay attention on who will win in this GW deals ... if the earth wins, then, its OK, but if somebody is making money, if these new politics are taking more money from us, then we have a problem

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
You know, I heard that GW was warming due to the amount if methane in the air by everything farting all over the place and all the coal we dug up.

Then I heard GW was warming cause of CO2 from all the life on this planet.

Then I heard GW was from to much water vapor..

Then I heard GW was from people watching to much TV..

Then I heard.....

You get the idea, If anything its like 9/11 I heard bla bla then bla bla then bla bla then bla bla.. In the end its all bulls**t.

Pick your poison cause you going to get screwed by Cap n Trade soon enough..

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Strange that they are presenting the "allegations" of with holding data, when they got their wrists slapped for doing it..

The University of East Anglia flouted Freedom of Information regulations in its handling of requests for data from climate sceptics, according to the government body that administers the act.

www.guardian.co.uk...

In flouting the laws this way the Scientists has done a lot to discredit themselves, and have shot themselves in the foot..

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
As usual, people are relying too much on sensational, poorly researched and uusually inaccurate media headlines, and not checking the actual facts before reaching a conclusions.

Newspapers write what the public want to read. Not the truth

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
For as long as the Earth has been around the climate has changed. Its become hotter, colder, sea levels have risen and fallen, coast lines increased and decreased and will continue to do so as long as the Earth is here.

Global warming is a sham dreamt up to flees people of even more money.

Having said that pollution is a problem and we shouldnt go and destroy the place we live in. Corporations are the main culprates and mass consumption doesnt help.

Greener energy is needed and people should take more responsibilty of their actions, but taxing people on top of tax we already pay is not the answer.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
As usual, people are relying too much on sensational, poorly researched and uusually inaccurate media headlines, and not checking the actual facts before reaching a conclusions.

Newspapers write what the public want to read. Not the truth

I thought they wrote what their advertisers wanted them to write? truth is a lump of paydoh to the media.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rogue 9

Now who believes a " government's chief scientist"

"climate gate" "H1N1 Flu gate" etc....

Zelong.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm freezing my snip... where is global warming to warm me up.
Who can trust them when we get minus 5 to minus 30 celsius across Europe almost everyday now. Yet more snow is reported to come.
This winter alone was the coldest winter in the last 7 years.
It's like speaking of golbal warming and then walking outside in snow after the meeting on global warming has finished. What a bunch of hypocrites.
Boy it's sure getting hoter outside, can't you feel it, I can sure feel the CO2
in the snow.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

It would be nice if you could clarify what you mean?

Are you saying that the story is a good one and that even after the disgraceful happenings of climategate, that the public want to hear something along the lines of MMGW is real?

Or are you saying that anyone who disagrees with the official line that GW is manmade, and going to cause the sky to fall in is causing them to say that any story supporting the MMGW theory is wrong and that any story that challenges the MMGW theory is just a pack of lies?

Or are you saying something else entirely?

Just confuse as to what you’re getting at.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

EDIT: Double Post.

[edit on 1/2/2010 by rogue 9]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horus12

Having said that pollution is a problem and we shouldnt go and destroy the place we live in. Corporations are the main culprates and mass consumption doesnt help.

Greener energy is needed and people should take more responsibilty of their actions, but taxing people on top of tax we already pay is not the answer.

I agree with you here, there's nothing wrong with looking after the planet, or being a bit greener with our lifestyles, but it should be a free choice for us to take and not a forced choice.

new topics

top topics

join