It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese say they received bogus bars of gold traced to U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by amance

Someone high up in power did a nice little switch-a-roo on us.

The annunaki have all the gold.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
....and people say that conspiracy theories aren't anything more than hot air and/or wishful thinking....

Seems this one is playing out just about right.

The article from the Chinese is recent and not too far off time wise if I read it correctly. They received the bars in October 2009 -- only about 5 months ago -- and probably tested at least half or so before showing their hand. I would imagine that would take time and I'm sure they didn't want to start screaming it from the rooftops until they were sure and until they had enough proof -- tracing origins and everything takes time as well -- to make it public.

But this is not good. China could reasonably request the UN - IMF to do a check on the gold that the US claims it has. Should the US reject this request, stock up quickly. It would be construed as a legitimate request from the Chinese at this point given the amount of debt the US is currently holding. The reality is that if the US collapses, so does much of the world economy.

It has long been rumored to be true. But no major economic country has delivered proof up until now -- at least that I'm aware of. Pakistan does not hold the same weight that China does.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It was my impression also that the fake bars had shown up elsewhere than china.
It would be a huge joke if the gold bars of many different countries were the same fake composites.
Is this also why the bulk of the 9/11 gold dissapeared?Maybe the stuff int the basement was the fake variety, and some comming transaction was sure to bring out the truth....
I am a great believer in the theory that 9/11 was a multipronged and very successfull attack /I believe the NWO boys always go for maximum effects....
Like shock the nation into pliability as well as rip them off for everything possible to take...
Thats why the put options etc...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Fact=Fake bars of gold have showed up all over the world in the last 10 years of so.

Fact=The serial numbers showed the bars had been stored at Fort Knox for years.

Fact=Serial numbers can be faked. The real bars could have been replaced any where along the line.

Fact=Some of these fake bars could be over 40 years old (going by the serial numbers and paper trail for the bars)

So in short no one knows who, how or when the fake bars entered the gold market. No one knows just how many fake bars are still out there. This is just one more crappy mess we will never know the truth about. In fact the people that did this may already be dead and buried

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
Fact=Fake bars of gold have showed up all over the world in the last 10 years of so.
Fact=Serial numbers can be faked. The real bars could have been replaced any where along the line.
Fact=Some of these fake bars could be over 40 years old (going by the serial numbers and paper trail for the bars)

And your valid source for those claims is what exactly?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by fixer1967

And your valid source for those claims is what exactly?

Do a little checking and you can find this all your self. News reports all over the net from all over world. In each case the bars serial number show that at one time it was at Fort Knox but can the serial numbers be trusted? Was that bar ever at Fort Knox. Serial numbers are trace to bars made in the eary 1970's.
The facts I stated are the only facts I know of that most people agree on. Little is known it seems as to the true source of these fake bars. Do a little research on the net and you can find everything I said for you self and maybe more. These bars could have been made anywhere in the world at anytime on the past 40 years. They may all have been made at once or over decades. Who is to say the same people made all of them. When you do not know who made them or where they were made or even for sure when they were made you can not know how many were made. Read the facts I posted again. If you think about it the facts I posted mean very little as they do not really tell you anything meaningfull at all. The point of my post was to show that as of right now we know next to nothing about the fake gold bars and we may never know anything more.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
The annunaki have all the gold.

Well, there has to be a reason why gold is so valuable. Someone must need it.

It's not exactly useful when you think about it.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Here's a guy in the business who did some real checking, not just reading rumors on the internet.

Effectively, the story was trying to say that not only was there little or no US gold at Fort Knox, but the same conclusion might be arrived at with other central banks that had received this fake gold from the US. As proof, the story said that these US government bars had showed up at a (central?) bank in Hong Kong. It was too bad for the story, but there never was any evidence from any source to support the Hong Kong/central bank allegation. As far as I could tell, the Hong Kong thing was all pure and simple unsubstantiated rumor designed to support the 1.3 to 1.5 million bars story.

www.safehaven.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The Take at Analysis-News.com

Www.analysis-news.com eventually weighed in on the question with some material on it on Dec 3, 2010 in the Goldsmiths 116, as published by www.goldseek.com, and in an article on Gold Plated Tungsten Bars, Yes or No?, as published by www.safehaven.com and www.marketoracle.co.uk. Once more, I feel compelled to weigh-in on the question because I fear the real issues are not being addressed and people are still being grossly misled.

Who is R D Bradshaw, and what position does he hold to know whats going on? He can't even get the year right unless he is just predicting the future...
I've seen there has been a few attempts lately by Ron Paul etc to audit not only the Fed but also Fort Knox...
Why the people can't do either is beyond logic and they should DEMAND it.....
It is afterall "their money"

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I think that this, dissapearing gold reserves in NYC, Ft. Knox, those "Cash for gold" deals are connected somehow I just can't place or link a chain.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
just goes to show how and adds to the stock pile of how corrupt this world is!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFaceless

Also, wasn't it about this time (2004-05) that Gordon Brown sold Britain's gold reserves at a rediculously low price?

Interesting...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
No country will say anything, because they have all been had.

As previously stated, this has been going on for 10 years with bars coded to be 40 years old (some even older).

The silence is most likely attributed to all the countries going into their own reserves and checking.

Probably followed by a "KKKKKKAAAAAAHHHHHNNNN!" or something along those lines.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Have to add this:

Isn't "Foundation - x" supposedly made up of big time commoditiy traders that now, magically, have more money than the rest of the world?

Curiouser and curiouser.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

At first, many gold experts speculated that the fake gold must have originated in China, which is considered the world’s best knock-off producers. However, the Chinese government investigated and issued a statement pointing a finger squarely at the United States.

OK does this strike anybody as odd?

So....

They investigated themselves as the source and found the Guilty party as the US. Sounds like they are trying to save face.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
The Fort Knox Conundrum: Chinese say they received bogus bars of gold traced to U.S.

In October 2009, China reportedly received a large shipment of gold, containing some 6,000 bars, weighing 400 ounces each. When it was received, the Chinese government asked that tests be performed to guarantee the purity and weight of the gold bars. In this test, four small holes were drilled into the bars, and the metal was analyzed. Officials were shocked to find the bars were bogus. They contained cores of tungsten, with only an outer coating of real gold. What’s more, these gold bars, containing serial numbers for tracking, originated in the United States and had reportedly been stored in Fort Knox for years.

snip...

At first, many gold experts speculated that the fake gold must have originated in China, which is considered the world’s best knock-off producers. However, the Chinese government investigated and issued a statement pointing a finger squarely at the United States.

The Chinese claim that in 1995—during the Clinton administration (Robert Rubin, Alan Greenspan and Lawrence Summers)—between 1.3 million and 1.5 million 400-ounce tungsten blanks were manufactured by a sophisticated refiner in the United States, amounting to more than 16,000 metric tons. Some 640,000 of these tungsten blanks were then gold plated and shipped to Fort Knox, according to the Chinese, where they are said to remain to this day. The Chinese contend that the remaining collection of these 400-ounce fakes was eventually gold-plated and then “sold” into international markets.

The global market is literally “stuffed full of 400 ounce salted bars,” said one unnamed expert. “It’s enough to destroy the world markets.”

www.americanfreepress.net...

Hmmmm...one wonders, if Ft. Knox is filled with fake gold bars, that would make American completely broke, would it not? We really need to get a handle on America's reserves and resources, and fast, before the Fat Cats spend us all into the poor house for good.

I wonder if TPTB have created these tungsten gold plated bars and swapped them for the real gold bars in Ft Knox....

That would probably explain why this mysterious foundation X has more gold than anyone else...because the US doesnt actually have any at all!!!

Now that would be a god story to tell your grand kids if it were true...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Not really.

All China is saying is that the bars, in the exchange from US to China, originated in the US. Remember, China buys lots of gold from lots of different countries.

It will be up to the US government to find out where the spcific bars were manufactured, bought from, etc.

At this point, for all we know, these bars were bought by the US from another country a decade or to ago.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

Not really.

All China is saying is that the bars, in the exchange from US to China, originated in the US. Remember, China buys lots of gold from lots of different countries.

It will be up to the US government to find out where the spcific bars were manufactured, bought from, etc.

AND

What I'm saying is for China to prove the claim. IF it's even a real story

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

They can't. But neither can the US.

Gold has, is, and will continue to change hands at such a rate that without having complete access to the governments purchasing records, we will never know where is what.

It wasn't until fairly recently that they even started full tracking of gold via serial numbers, and possibly inbedded chips.

I do think it was fairly arrogant of China to say that it is the US's fault, but they are doing exactly what most of us would do, blame the person you got the product from.

For China to find out who is at original fault, the US would have to hand over their entire gold purchase record.

I, for one, would rather have China blame the US, than have the US hand over the "books" to China for verification.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Why are you digging this old thread up again?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join