It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Raise This Year!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The company that I have been with for several years now has decided that we get no raises this upcoming year!! Now while I am very happy to have a job, I am a bit upset about this!
The profit margin was better than last year and raises were given then. The cost of living is through the roof these days. As a matter of fact, I stopped to gas up my car this morning to find that gas in my town had jumped 10 cents a gallon overnight!

Their excuse to us was this.. "well the government didn't give raises in social security benefits this year, therefore we aren't giving you all an increase". A co-worker tried to protest and stated that she was sure her mother had gotten a letter telling her that there would be an increase in her benefits for the next year..

This was shared with us after they spent no telling what on an extravagant Christmas party!

I am curious as to how many of you have been told by your employers that you will not be receiving a pay increase this year and what excuse you were given!

join