It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horrible Dying Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Ok, this was a freaky dream that disturbed me horribly.

I was (somehow) in Chesapeake bay (
), near the shore, hopping on sand bars. sorry if its not like that in the bay, i've never been there, and i was surprised that i was in that area.

this whole time it felt as if something was watching me from below the waves. i then heard a sound like something popping up from under the water, and sliding back down another way. i turn around, and i see this HUGE serpent-like, orange colored with black speckled THING diving down under the water. the tail had like one fin at the very end.

i was freaked out by this, so i ran towards another sandbar, i sprinted. but then, a head popped up in front of me. i'll try to explain it. it was very large, triangular, and had like points at the sides of its mouths, with like little whiskers, like a catfish. the whiskers were like an impossibly bright, blinding yellow.

i tried turning around and running the other way, but another head popped up in front of me. then the thing opened its mouth, and like struck at me like a rattlesnake.

everything went black, and i woke up on a cold sweat, screaming and bawling my eyes out. does anyone know about a sea serpent cryptid in Chesapeake bay, because this freaked me out and i don't know if i was seeing something true or what and please help, anyone!!!

oh, and i found out i was in the chesapeake area by looking at a mall directory
don't know how or why.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by LocoHombre]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
In my life, (I'm 54), i have had maybe seven of these types of dreams and I know what they feel like when you are awakened by them.

All I can tell you is that in a day or two, the feeling will have passed and you will realize that it was just a dream. But like I say, I've felt them and they sure aren't nice as they stick with you for a while.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

Lucky for you aunty zazz does dream inteprations.

Ill give you more detail later, its NY eve so i have to go in a minny, but dying dreams are always and i mean always a sign of change a new life for you

No need to worry.
Cheers

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I'm no dream expert, but I don't think that you need to worry about this. The location has probably no significance. Dying in dreams doesn't have to be bad. It might signal some kind of change in your life, and it might as well be a change for the good. Being attacked by animals/monsters in dreams might be a way of telling you not to run from something, but challenge you take take up a fight instead. I.e. being attacked by a tiger in a dream, instead of running you should try to fight it instead, or maybe even become friends with the tiger if that's possible at all, but not run away. See what happens if you don't run away.

Dreams with water in it, could be a bad signal however. Maybe someone you know passed away or something. Someone I know well have had dreams involving (much) water, and it turned out that someone they knew died at the same time they had these dreams. Coincidence or some kind of connection? But even if your dream involves water, it doesn't necessarily have to mean that someone you know died or dies.

Hope that helps

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I'm not sure how your mind works, but I can tell you that if I had a dream about being attacked by a Leviathan right outside of my nations capital, the interpretation would be a complete slam dunk.

But in case it's not that, here is a more general insight.

While I have never been attacked by a cryptid in a dream, I have had just a couple of dreams about being in life or death fights with animals, and in my case they were fairly transparent, so although I am by no means an expert in dream interpretation, I can tell you what a dream about a ferocious animal has meant for me. Whether it means the same for you, I leave up to your own judgment.

The most memorable dream about fighting an animal I ever had was in late 2001. I was an atheist at the time, but I was back outside my old church, and there was a tiger on the prowl outside, stalking the kids. Everyone else was freaking out and running for their lives, and there I was, scared as a sonofagun, keeping myself between that tiger and the kids, just certain that it was going to attack and make short work of me. But it never did. Every time it would make some fearsome move I would move to meet it, and it would back down.

I knew what that dream meant the second I woke up. I was pondering joining the Marine Corps at the time (as I ended up doing roughly a year and a half later) and not long before that I had learned from TV that the name Osama means "big cat".

So it was pretty much a no-brainer that my subconscious was telling me that I there was a challenge in front of me that I believed I could handle (in that case a very specific challenge).

The other one was when I was about eight years old. In that dream, I was out in front of my grandmother's house, along with my older cousin, and there was a tyrannosaurus attacking us. Luckily in this dream my cousin and I were in a great big front-loader (my father was a heavy equipment operator so I knew and loved my heavy machinery even as a young child).

That one I was a little too young to analyze at the time obviously, but I've never forgotten it, and looking back, it's pretty clear what it meant. In my town, we had two elementary schools- one for K-2, another for grades 3-5. I had just promoted into the third grade, and before that I had a pretty stout reputation as a bully slayer. Not that I'm some kind of hero, but I used to have SERIOUS anger issues, and rarely did a month go by when a teacher didn't have to pull me off of a bigger, older boy and drag me to the principals office, because you couldn't so much as call me a name without me bursting into tears and kicking the holy crap out of you, and there wasn't a heck of a lot you could do to make me stop coming at you. All I can figure is that I had some kind of adrenaline disorder, because I wasn't even that strong- I just couldn't feel pain when i was mad, and it eventually disappeared around the time I hit puberty.

My older cousin is what cinches the analysis on that one. He was in 5th grade at the same school, and he'd told me when I first got there that I had to calm down before one of the older kids got their hands on me when he wasn't around.

So bottom line, for me, a dream about fighting a large dangerous animal reflects a subconscious understanding that I am facing a physically dangerous challenge- the details thereof often being somehow reflected in the dream as well.

As for dying in dreams- that's REALLY common for me. Although I do believe in prophetic dreams and have had a couple, I have never noticed any correlation between those dying dreams and significant changes in my life. I realize that puts me in direct opposition to almost the entirety of the dream-analysis community, but that's just not what I have experienced. In my case dying dreams have almost always represented either an extremely deep desire (to the point that I might be willing to die for it) or a fear that I feel powerless against.

I couldn't even begin to describe all of the dreams where I have died, but again I'll give you the two or three that stand out the most to me.

The first that really sticks with me strongly was in 1992. I was sitting in my dad's truck with my cousin in the parkinglot of our local K-mart, when something (i don't remember what) became a threat to us- so, for want of an adult, we fired up the truck ourselves and ran like hell. Unfortunately I soon found out that I don't know how to drive- I was crashing all over the dang place. For whatever reason, my cousin climbs out the back window into the bed of the pickup, and eventually informs me that our mysterious cargo is a box of scud missiles (the details are hazy- this dream used to make a lot more sense, but anyway, in the mind of a 9 year old, a Ford F-150 is capable of carrying a couple of dozen scud missiles- I wasn't exactly a munitions expert you know.) Well eventually I crashed us off a cliff and blew us both to smithereens (cut me some slack, it was my first time behind the wheel).

I chalk that one up to the Gulf War and my not understanding that it was going to be a complete cakewalk (to be fair, even the pentagon didn't think the gulf war was going to be a cakewalk until it actually happened, but I was way too young to know anything about that- all I knew is there was a war on and they were launching missiles at us (which again, they weren't, but I was too young to get it and we were the ones at war with them so when i heard about the scuds on the news i could only assume that we were the ones they would launch at). I was afraid the war was going to come home.

Then in junior high I had a recurring dream that me and this girl i had a crush on were being chased by these wierd munchkin ninja dudes through some kind of a swamp. And eventually we get to this clearing and for whatever reason we get really scared and we stop, and the munchkin ninjas catch up, along with this lady in a very big, puffed out black dress who kinda reminds me of portraits of some queen I have seen in old textbooks in the course of my school years.

The munchkins drag off my crush and the queen beheads me. I don't even want to know what Freud would say (so if you do know, just keep it to your dang self, pretty please) but anyway I think it's fairly clear that the dream had to do with my burgeoning interest in and fear of women.

So combining the themes of impending challenge, fear, and desire that I generally associate with death and dangerous animals in dreams, and of course the location, I'd say that your dream has to do with some apprehension about a political or national matter that you wish to get involved in but perhaps may feel is too big for you.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

That helps, but what's the change?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
thanks for the great replies guys. thanks.

join