It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog dragged to its death at monument

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I came across this story and found it pretty disturbing.

Its being reported that it was NOT an accident. I hope the individual(s) responsible get what they deserve...

An adult male German Shepherd was tied to a car and then dragged three miles to its death early this morning at the Colorado National Monument near Grand Junction.

"This was an incredible act of cruelty done to a defenseless animal," Joan Anzelmo, superintendent of the monument told The Denver Post. "It is a sickening, sickening type of crime. We are leaving no stone unturned."

Anzelmo said tracks left in the snow clearly show how the crime was committed: The dog initially walked, then ran and then was dragged when it couldn't keep up with the vehicle. It was finally dumped after it died from the dragging.

Read more: www.denverpost.com...
Source: denverpost

Also, a plea... If I could also ask dog owners to refrain from letting your dog's ride in the back of pickup trucks. I know the dog's love it, but I have heard and know of one incident where because of extenuating circumstances beyond the control of the driver (ie: accident or close calls), the dogs were either thrown from the vehicle or had fallen out.... Tying a rope to his collar won't help the dog either.
(This is the educational part of this message)

Thanks.

Edited to add, obviously, don't tie your dog's to the rear (or front) bumper of your car either...

[edit on 30-12-2009 by ByteChanger]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'm totally heartbroken about this....how can humans be so cruel? It guts me to think of this. I'm not a vengeful person at all, but what I wouldn't give to fix my nails into this man's head. My dog is a German Shepherd, and right now he's lying on the rug, food stoned after dinner, dreaming and chasing bunnies in his sleep....this is how their lives should be. Not tortured to death behind a truck for entertainment. I hope they throw the book at him.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
That's horrific - I could easily watch the perpetrator of that death meet exactly the same fate.

Originally posted by caitlinfae
I hope they throw the book at him.

I know statistically it's likely that a male committed the crime, but not necessarily, not from the information available anyway - I hope they throw the book at that person / them... And then chain their necks to a very slow train with a long way to go.

join