It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick Cheney: Barack Obama 'trying to pretend'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fusion360

I just find it highly ironic that on a site where everyone bows down to the "Deny Ignorance" chant, they themselves only deny other peoples' ignorance and refuse to deny their own.

Right or wrong and dumb or not, Mr. Cheney has a soap box and he has been using it. The same way that everyone here is utilizing the virtual soap box of ATS.

I do not agree with the man, except for some valid points he makes and you have to admit, or at least I do, the man knows the political world better than anyone on this site ever will. He will do what every politician does and take advantage of such a stage and knowledge to be a thorn in the sides of those he disagrees with.

On another note, to the person who has stated he is for the war and then criticizes it, I believe you are misconstruing what the criticism is about. I believe Mr. Cheney is criticizing not the war, but rather the lackluster policies of President Obama. There is a big difference there and I do not think he wants it both ways.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I'm assuming you are replying to my post.

So you are saying that even though most of the OP's opinions are the same as the right leaning article that they are not using and reinforcing the same talking points? Why do you think they posted this article and not this other one saying President Obama takes the heat President Bush did not?

Regardless, this is just a veiled attack on Obama. Terrorists are not going to change their behavior on whether Obama uses the term "war on terror" or not. It is a strawman argument and terrorist will do whatever they can regardless of what Obama or Dick Cheney says. Let's get real.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
We are at war, and Obama is well aware of that. But instead of the last administrations constant fear policy this president is trying to give a war weary nation hope for a better future.

We all understand that we are at war, we don't need a war over oil shoved down our throats 24/7/365.

I suspect that the right only has fear left. They have no plan to make this country better, they only have fear. This is why they need to march out old Darth Cheney to shove that fear down our throats whenever possible.

When you have no plan to better a country, the only thing you have is to make the other side look bad. If they look worse than yours than you win. This is what the GOP is trying to do.

They as a party vote against every piece of legislation no matter what that legislation is, they try and spin every decision as a failure, they attack every nominee, every appointment, hell, they vote against an anti rape bill, just because the left proposes it.

The right has come up with NOTHING to try and save this country, it's because that is not what they want, they don't want to save America, they just want to control America. They don't actually want lower taxes, they want taxes only going to the projects they want.

Dick is just preforming the only trick the right wing has, FEAR, that's all they have left. They broke their own "Contract with America". No one in their right mind should trust the GOP, but they have FEAR to sell, and Dick Cheney is the best person to sell that fear.

Yes we are at war, our sons and daughters are in the front line being blown up by an enemy that doesn't want our empire to expand. They don't want Haliburton to have complete and total control over their natural resources. They stopped the Russians from doing this, and now they want to stop us.

But of course, Obama doesn't want to scare the American people (Which benefits Cheney's companies.) He wants to give people in this country a reason to work harder for America.

But the GOP has FEAR to shove down our throats. Fear about every single thing that the left tries to do.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Check out the final detainee report by the Senate Armed Services Committee and it will give a clue as to why there so much anger towards Dick Cheney. The guy is a fear monger to say the least.

But read the detainee report "Inquiry into the Treatment of Detainees in U.S. Custody". Read how Cheney and Rumsfeld pushed for interrogation methods known to produce false confessions; confessions used to justify the Iraq invasion. Also read how terrorist threat levels were elevated during election times.

"INQUIRY INTO THE TREATMENT
OF DETAINEES IN U.S. CUSTODY"
REPORT OF THE COMMITTEE ON ARMED SERVICES
UNITED STATES SENATE
levin.senate.gov...

[edit on 31-12-2009 by spiritualzombie]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join