It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If We Are The Sheep, Why Can't We Get A Decent Shepherd?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It seem's to me, in our short history, that only one, destined to lead, has come along, to show the way, and keep the wolves, mostly, at bay.... Other's have tried, but led astray, and slaughtered millions in every way... Of wolves, there has no shortage been, and some seem destined, for this trend, yet wolves will starve, when food is scarce, and if sheep die off, what is left.... So we wait, and watch, and hope, and pray, that one true shepherd comes again one day, to lead the sheep to dine with wolves, and perhaps that's all there really is... We shall see....eh?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

You are sheep as long as you agree to be sheep. If you seek a shepherd beware of wolves who come to you in sheep's clothing. I have heard it said often that: "If the leaders would only lead the people would surely follow." I am more inclined to believe that if you dare to follow your heart and lead the way those inclined to follow will do so and those inclined to take a different path will do so as well. We are all on our own paths and our journeys are of an individualistic nature and while we all can use the "wise old man" to help prepare us for this journey, in the end, we must take that path alone. Even if we are being followed, or even if we are following someone else.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Why Can't We Get A Decent Shepherd?

I'm going to ask you a question. Please consider your answer very carefully.

Can't We Get A Decent Shepherd?

Do you want one?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
If your asking for a shepherd your probably a sheep. I myself need no one to tell me how to live, what to do etc you get the point however feel free to ask these guys what they think

www.adoptafarm.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
We have Ron Paul and Rand Paul and Cynthia McKinney but few will give them the time of day. Ron would have won if the electoral college wasn't rigged

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

because our lord jesus died, he was earths only saviour.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
An old Chief Native American once said: "The problem with the white man, is that he thinks with his brain and not his heart".

I am white so I can say that without being racist, so no need to remove my post mods

I think the Chief was referencing white man with TPTB

He who knows how to think needs no teacher.

You don't need a shepherd, nor a sheep dog to guide you. The most wonderful thing about life is discovery, including discovery of thyself.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

The shepards aka momentum gatherers know how hard it is to be heard and even harder still to gather an army. The new term for such a person is 'enemy combatant', at least that is what they will be labeled by tptb and would be swiftly locked up.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

The whole idea of waking up is to stop being a sheep. And when you stop being a sheep you don't need someone to follow. Oh sure you can still admire, emulate or be influenced by people and other sources. I doubt I ever would have woken up if it wasn't for Bill Hicks, George Carlin and movies like The Matrix first opening my mind.

I think the whole idea is to leave the herd behind for good and become the "Master of Yourself". You don't need someone telling you what to do, you can guide yourself. I tie this idea into the Nietzsche idea of the Superman who rather than following society can set his own rules and values and holds them above society or religion and their rules. Essentially you exist off the grid, unplugged, a rogue element in the system.

It's best when those who are awakened unite as sovereign individuals with common goals. Uniting would be impossible as a sheep since they keep the sheep fighting amongst the flock and distracted. The only way to awaken the sheep is to work together. So there is a slight irony that we must form a flock of our own if we hope to awaken the rest of the world. Without a global awakening about a great many subjects I don't think the human race has long left to live. I say we need to change before the painful wake up calls come and we find the Earth's resources are depleted and we're running out of space to live. We still have a few hundred years before the point of no return when things get real bad, we need to have a global awakening BEFORE that.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
If We Are The Sheep, Why Can't We Get A Decent Shepherd?

Because the Shepherd is chosen from the "Masters/Owners of the Sheep"....

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by starshiner

Yes, we have a shepherd who has tried to show us the way, but we turned our backs and went astray (Hey, poem alert!)

Seriously, Jesus tried to show us how to live, but we just carry on following the ways of satan (no capital letter for him).

new topics

top topics

join