It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can see a miracle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Very heartfelt thread Randy.

The little children are definitely close to God and probably what makes Him smile the most during these times...

However, in the case of my nephews...I pray He has mercy on them...they know not what they do.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Hi ImaginaryReality1984

Way to be dishonest in your views and instead of adressing the points you extend someones view to the point of ridicule. Without evidence you dismissed someones view. Any positive statement must be accompanied by evidence, without evience it deserves no more place in the knowledge base of humankind than fairies, Thor, sacrificing goats or anything else.

I am not being dishonest with my views, I am stating that this is my honest view and that I don't need proof or evidence other than that which I have experienced in my life.

It's just a hunch but I think I have been on this planet a lot longer and as such have had more opportunity to understand my own reality. I came from a very humble start in life and yet I have been blessed beyond imagination.

I can honestly say that whenever I have needed help it has been there physically, emotionally financially and every other (lly) I can think of.

I cannot explain it (and neither can you) why I have always had abundance in my life and by that I don't mean a huge bank account. I mean always just having enough to provide me with sustenance.

I have mentioned this to you before, that there is more than one way of knowing.

Sometimes blind faith is a wonderful thing. A miracle in fact.

Happy New year

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Miracle...........what nonsense.

As if life being a space between two nothings isn't completely useless
and imbecile. You must be another over educated person who dosn't
even have the beginning of wisdom figured out. Any way hey just wanted your thoughts.

A2D

However, in the case of my nephews...I pray He has mercy on them...they know not what they do.

I know, I know, todays kids could probably put "the very elect" to the test.
Many will test even the greatest sense of humor.

Kenny

I thought I would just spew a little bit of my own consciousness onto the keyboard, just to say that you hide behind other peoples understanding of the universe.

Any time my good man, take it away.
You make a good point that I never even realised Kenny.
These are some of my own thoughts, laid out for who ever to see and ridicule as they will. Try as they have I don't feel any regret so far.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Who is God, to play "God" with us

How is it you candy azzes think this is a thread to debate the existence of
God or his morality or his judgement. In this thread God absolutly exists.
You don't like it move along. Or leave some on topic remarks. I do want
your thoughts as I stated .
You are most likely giving the thread more life than you can stand by doing anything else. So have the mental capacity to realise there is
no enemy here. No body wants to here how much anyone hates
something that they say is imaginary. You people don't even have a clue and you think you have it all figured out? What a laugh.

Hard noses just like I said. want to hear it again.:shk:

Kenny

This I believe is what actually can make him smile.
You absolutly get it.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

From The Apocryphal Book of Enoch, really an interesting read. Makes sense of the world of evil you see on Earth.

From The Apocryphal Book of Enoch, really an interesting read. Makes sense of the world of evil you see on Earth.
i have read it. I find it the most of what I would expect to hear
about from God. Which is why I believe it was left out of the cannon.
To much information. To much detail. To damn scary for some.
It sounds like the truth to me.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennyb72
I am not being dishonest with my views, I am stating that this is my honest view and that I don't need proof or evidence other than that which I have experienced in my life.

You were not dishonest in your views only how you attacked another user by providing a strawman argyument and presenting it as fact.

It's just a hunch but I think I have been on this planet a lot longer and as such have had more opportunity to understand my own reality. I came from a very humble start in life and yet I have been blessed beyond imagination.

I also came from humble beginning and maybe you have been here longer but simply being here longer does not imbue you with special abilities that another does not have. There are 10 year olds who have more wisdom than 40 year olds so i'm sorry but being alive longer does not give you any special insight.

I can honestly say that whenever I have needed help it has been there physically, emotionally financially and every other (lly) I can think of.

that's great that you have something that helps you but it has nothing to do with the OP's post. The OP was talking of miracles and yet all he/she did was to present explainable situations and claim they were miracles.

I cannot explain it (and neither can you) why I have always had abundance in my life and by that I don't mean a huge bank account. I mean always just having enough to provide me with sustenance.

Erm well without knowing you i can't explain why you have done well. To try and explain it would be speculation and to try and put my arguments aside by saying i can't explain is rather silly when i don't know you.

I have mentioned this to you before, that there is more than one way of knowing.

Happy New year

No i'm sorry but blind faith is neither a good thing or a miracle, it is ignorance, a denial of reality willingly undertaken. Every faith and indeed all dangerous political ideologies are dependant on blind faith. You know the guy who tried bombing a plane recently? Blind faith my friend, blind faith.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

You were not dishonest in your views only how you attacked another user by providing a strawman argyument and presenting it as fact.

I was doing no more than the originator of the post was doing, I held a mirror to show that the OP's opinion was as worthy as his.

I also came from humble beginning and maybe you have been here longer but simply being here longer does not imbue you with special abilities that another does not have. There are 10 year olds who have more wisdom than 40 year olds so i'm sorry but being alive longer does not give you any special insight

I am afraid you are not qualified to make that statement, come back when you are 20yrs older and see if you think the same way.

that's great that you have something that helps you but it has nothing to do with the OP's post. The OP was talking of miracles and yet all he/she did was to present explainable situations and claim they were miracles.

Well I am presenting inexplicable situations and experiences in my life and claiming they are miracles, and it has EVERYTHING to do with the OP's post.

Erm well without knowing you i can't explain why you have done well. To try and explain it would be speculation and to try and put my arguments aside by saying i can't explain is rather silly when i don't know you

This is rather rhetorical because no one can explain the inexplicable.

Beside even if you did know me you wouldn't be able to explain my experiences, and I wouldn't even ask you to.

No i'm sorry but blind faith is neither a good thing or a miracle, it is ignorance, a denial of reality willingly undertaken. Every faith and indeed all dangerous political ideologies are dependant on blind faith. You know the guy who tried bombing a plane recently? Blind faith my friend, blind faith.

Oh you mean the other kind of faith, the faith that our scientists place on those who pay for there research and tell them not to worry. Your inventions and discoveries will be used for the good of mankind Mr Oppenheimer.

My philosophy regarding blind faith, would not even hurt a fly

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I am afraid you are not qualified to make that statement, come back when you are 20yrs older and see if you think the same way.

That is one of the best cop outs i have ever seen, so basically i have no right to comment unless i'm your age. What utter nonsense.

Well I am presenting inexplicable situations and experiences in my life and claiming they are miracles, and it has EVERYTHING to do with the OP's post.

No it doesn't because the OP presented situations that are explainable and you claim to present situations that are not explainable so the two are completely seperate.

This is rather rhetorical because no one can explain the inexplicable.

Actually what i said waas that i don't know you enough to explain you, a human being. If i knew you then i could explain you, none of that is inexplicable.

Beside even if you did know me you wouldn't be able to explain my experiences, and I wouldn't even ask you to.

Give me the chance why don't you. I'm sure you won't agree but the chance would be fun.

Oh you mean the other kind of faith, the faith that our scientists place on those who pay for there research and tell them not to worry. Your inventions and discoveries will be used for the good of mankind Mr Oppenheimer.

My philosophy regarding blind faith, would not even hurt a fly

Oh dear me you continue to try and point someones arguments towards ridicule and yet you are typing on a computer, that was developed by science. Why don't you go and live in a cave, with stone tools if you don't like science. Science does not require faith as it provides evidence, the two are very different. Science does not ask anyone to blindly believe, the evidence is there for you to read.

Your philosophy of blind faith hurts everyone because it is blind and can be abused. You bring up oppenheimer as a way to say that science is bad, do you want me to bring up the multitude of good scientific benefits? Or hey all the bad people who do stuff in the name of religion?

You just keep bringing up straw mans and trying to stretch someones points until ridicule. You continue to be dishonest by doing both of these.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

That is one of the best cop outs i have ever seen, so basically i have no right to comment unless i'm your age. What utter nonsense.

No, no, please don't get me wrong, I am not saying you don't have a right to comment, I am simply saying that your comments are irrelevant.

No it doesn't because the OP presented situations that are explainable and you claim to present situations that are not explainable so the two are completely seperate.

I was just adding a few more to the OP's list as I related to his meaning.

Actually what i said waas that i don't know you enough to explain you, a human being. If i knew you then i could explain you, none of that is inexplicable.

Believe me, there have been many who try to explain me and all have failed.

Give me the chance why don't you. I'm sure you won't agree but the chance would be fun.

I don't live in the UK any longer but to have an interesting conversation with you over a pint would be good.

Oh dear me you continue to try and point someones arguments towards ridicule and yet you are typing on a computer, that was developed by science. Why don't you go and live in a cave, with stone tools if you don't like science. Science does not require faith as it provides evidence, the two are very different. Science does not ask anyone to blindly believe, the evidence is there for you to read. Your philosophy of blind faith hurts everyone because it is blind and can be abused. You bring up oppenheimer as a way to say that science is bad, do you want me to bring up the multitude of good scientific benefits? Or hey all the bad people who do stuff in the name of religion? You just keep bringing up straw mans and trying to stretch someones points until ridicule. You continue to be dishonest by doing both of these.

I am not anti-science, and I have an abundance of respect for people who work hard to try and explain our reality.

My only criticism is that many scientists think they can explain everything and do not appreciate what it is they are actually seeing, or so it would appear.

I sometimes think that many discussions on these board are between left brained and right brained people. Those who need numbers, and those who rely on awareness.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by kennyb72]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sorry randy, I hope you don't think I have tried to hijack your OP,
ImaginaryReality1984, loves a good argument.

Just so that I keep this post on topic I would just like to add, it will be a miracle if I ever have the last say when we are debating.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

It was called the "Sholes & Glidden Type Writer," and it was produced by the gunmakers E. Remington & Sons in Ilion, NY from 1874-1878. It was not a great success (not more than 5,000 were sold), but it founded a worldwide industry, and it brought mechanization to dreary, time-consuming office work.

Sorry randy, I hope you don't think I have tried to hijack your OP,

Please refer to the part of my first post, on this page that refers to
Kenny.

Typewriter is the key to any pc. Maybe that was Remington laboratories.

Nothing about science being involved with the invention of a typewriter.

that's great that you have something that helps you but it has nothing to do with the OP's post. The OP was talking of miracles and yet all he/she did was to present explainable situations and claim they were miracles

WTF What makes you the big authority on how I should perceive life?
How can you tell me I am wrong? Little tip for you every body else is not so stupid as to think my post is the only way to view things. So your not becoming some atheistic deliverer or what ever you are trying to be.
I merely admire the miracle of life, via what I hold to be a far greater truth and you need to attack.

Your views are so dim and meaningless. I would rather believe in a fairytale. To bad for you partner, you are going to find out the truth the hard way.
Life for you is a space between to nothings. Why don't you solve the great
mystery. Do yourself and see what's on the other side.
Your a big bombastic atheist and there is no point to anything.You think
you can just try to derail my thread because of what you think?
What you think and who you are wouldn't make a pimple on a nats azz.
That is a fact pal.

The beginning of wisdom is to realise how little we know. You have yet to realise how stupid you really are.
You believe something because men tell
you to. I at least the way I see things.
I am looking for a supreme being who knows more than some over educated fool spouting big numbers concerning time that he himself cannot begin to fathom.
A life span of maybe 70 years? What extensive experience could someone possibly
have, in the 25 to 30 good years in any field, that would make them an authority on the whole universe?
Because to claim God does not exist, that is what it takes, full knowledge of everything in the universe.
Kenny was right you do not qualify.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
WTF What makes you the big authority on how I should perceive life?
How can you tell me I am wrong? Little tip for you every body else is not so stupid as to think my post is the only way to view things. So your not becoming some atheistic deliverer or what ever you are trying to be.
I merely admire the miracle of life, via what I hold to be a far greater truth and you need to attack.

I wasn't telling you how to perceive anything, i was simply saying how i perceieve it and how i find it strange someone can take everyday occurances and claim them to be miracles. I was not attacking, only sharing my own views, that is how debate works and why you needed to be so aggressive in your response is beyond me.

Life for you is a space between to nothings. Why don't you solve the great
mystery. Do yourself and see what's on the other side.
Your a big bombastic atheist and there is no point to anything.You think
you can just try to derail my thread because of what you think?
What you think and who you are wouldn't make a pimple on a nats azz.
That is a fact pal.

Man you really are rude hh, i awsn't derailing your thread i was sharing my point of view and you choose this incredibly rude way to respond. If you are an example of a religious person then i'm very glad i am not one of you. Life for me is not a space between nothings, life to me is incredible for the fact that sentience even exists. Whilst a mathematical certainty i still wonder at the fact we're even here, for a brief moment some atoms have come together and formed a conciousness. I just don't need god to explain it.

The beginning of wisdom is to realise how little we know. You have yet to realise how stupid you really are.
You believe something because men tell
you to. I at least the way I see things.
I am looking for a supreme being who knows more than some over educated fool spouting big numbers concerning time that he himself cannot begin to fathom.

You do realise that is the exact thing science does right? It says quite clearly that we know very little about our universe. Oh we have a ton of knowledge, more than any man or woman could memorise and yet we've only scratched the surface of existence.

A life span of maybe 70 years? What extensive experience could someone possibly
have, in the 25 to 30 good years in any field, that would make them an authority on the whole universe?
Because to claim God does not exist, that is what it takes, full knowledge of everything in the universe.
Kenny was right you do not qualify.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by randyvs]

So my opinion doesn't matter because i don't believe in a god? The arrogance of your comments here, not to mentin the incredibly rude manner in which you have given them is astounding. I am not claiming anyone knows everything, it wouldn't be possible. However i am pointing out only that the things you consider miracles are everyday occurences and therefore they don't convince me of miracles.

Why is it that simply stating that these are not miracles makes you so angry and hateful?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Man you really are rude hh, i awsn't derailing your thread i was sharing my point of view and you choose this incredibly rude way to respond. If you are an example of a religious person then i'm very glad i am not one of you. Life for me is not a space between nothings, life to me is incredible for the fact that sentience even exists. Whilst a mathematical certainty i still wonder at the fact we're even here, for a brief moment some atoms have come together and formed a conciousness. I just don't need god to explain it.

Quite right. Besides an apology I have only some recent family problems , the usual holiday pressure and 5 shots of patron in excuse.
I see now I was most prejudice to your responses and actually became
infantile before wondering off to bed.
Any way for what it's worth I apologise.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Quite right. Besides an apology I have only some recent family problems , the usual holiday pressure and 5 shots of patron in excuse.
I see now I was most prejudice to your responses and actually became
infantile before wondering off to bed.
Any way for what it's worth I apologise.

Understandable, the holidays can be tough and alcohol isn't helpful for debates. I hope you can take my replies as they were meant, not intentionally offensive only sharing my views. I had no belief that they would change your mind (i abandoned such thoughts years ago) and i respect people can believe whatever they like. So i hope you see that i did not intend to offend you or anyone else and if you did get upset with the replies then please accept an apology for that.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I really cant find where i took offense in the first place, so thank you for accepting my apology.
Kenny you too I was more than disruptive. Rather overboard.
thanks you guys

top topics

<< 1   >>

join