It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thought for those who have suffered this year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It is that time of year when life seems bleek and lonely for those that have lost a loved one or they find themselves spending christmas alone for whatever reason. Please spare a thought for those who aren't as fortunate when your tucking in to your Goose,Turkey, Nut Roast e.t.c.

This year has been very hard on many families and loved ones what with their debts rising, their houses taken away from them and with the ever cincreasing prices that don't look like they are going to stop rising anytime soon.

If you are feeling down for whatever reason please understand that there are people out there who DO care and can help you.

I wish everyone a merry xmas and festive celebration and I share with you this fantastic video to cheer you up and put a smile on your face. (My favourite is the seal).

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
My husband and I are two of the people you're talking about that have had a bad year, as we're both unemployed . This actually did help lighten my spirits. Thank you, S and F

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Yep there are always alot of people going through rough times. Remember there is an awful lot of people in this world organising crimes on innocent people all over this world. Governments and police are murdering lifes all over this world, so if your going through rough times understand plenty others are too.

But thats life. thx for the thread, but did not watch the vid.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
that movie made me want to commit suicide fer rurlz...

as to all the people who are feeling down this time of year.... DONT! think of all the awesome things you can do as an unemployed: hang around the mall... hang around downtown.... hang around.. ANYWHERE cus you got nothing to do!

forget the pride, its a sin anyways, and go ask people from a dollar.

if you are really good, then you can ask for 5 or 10, cus you "Just need your alternator fixed so you can go pick up your son who is getting off greyhound bus in _______ (enter big city a few miles away), did i mention he's in the military?? man i love that boy, just wish i could make him as proud as he makes me......"

man i have heard some good lines in my days living in a city. yes i know it was a line, because i saw him a week later needing a new alternator, then my buddy saw him saying he needed to get his daughter some mcdonalds, so we followed him, and he jumped in a new truck and drove off afterwards.

if you have access to a wheelchair, you can make bank sitting by a cvs in savannah, ga. nice truck too. its not like anyone would ask you to prove you need a chair anyways

there are too many awesome things in the world, and money is easy to come by, friends are too for that matter, than being depressed all the time.

its too easy to feel sorry for yourself. put your nose to the grind and get something done!

dont think im being mean, im not! just dont like to see people wade in their own pity pool.....

[edit on 12/23/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FunSized
My husband and I are two of the people you're talking about that have had a bad year, as we're both unemployed . This actually did help lighten my spirits. Thank you, S and F

I am deeply saddened to hear that you have had a bad idea I intend to do a meditation sitting over the christmas period in order to send out warm energy and compasion to those in need of a pick me up. I hope that 2010 brings you the change you need.

Peace Fran. Merry Xmas to you and your husband.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

I am not really sure what to make of your post? can you tell me what fer relz means? I can't believe you didn't like it, everone likes animals, or at least I thought

I hope you get the chance to work with those who are in need of a pick me up, then perhaps you will be able to see just how the negative influences of life effect different people in different ways.

Happy christmas

Peace

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Yep there are always alot of people going through rough times. Remember there is an awful lot of people in this world organising crimes on innocent people all over this world. Governments and police are murdering lifes all over this world, so if your going through rough times understand plenty others are too.

But thats life. thx for the thread, but did not watch the vid.

Easy with the compassion andy1033 god forbid you actually spend 4 minutes of your life feeling good after a year of rough times as you have mentioned.

Merry xmas

Peace.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Star & Flag Fran. Easiest choice I've made all year.

Gratitude and best wishes to you and all of yours as well, as it seems temperance is a virtue hardly seen anymore...let alone wisdom.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

I am not ever going to get down the road of positive thinking. The worlds people are mostly scum, and are a waste of time.

Yep there is always someone worse off, but thats mans fault, not gods.

I am immune to thinking about this year being bad, as likemany others, my life was and is always going to be ruined by people, so why should i think about 2009 being worse than any other. Ye it was rubbish, but not like any other year, and you get immune to all these feelings, of how was your year, if your life is like that.

Do you think people in gaza, think heck 2009 was bad, while every other year was bad too.

new topics

top topics

join