It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big PHARMA... "Legal Drugs Of Mass Destruction." Are You A Victim???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Wanted to start a topic on this. Legal drugs seem to to lack attention
here on this site.

PROBLEM:
I cannot count the number of people I know in my life, in the past 5 years,
with my fingers, who have been victimized by the domestic legal drug war.
These people have had their brains ambushed by manipulation of the
so called "Ph. D" who supposedly went to school for 8 years with the intent
to help those who need it. Welp, that physician has been brainwashed as well.
Figure that.

SOLUTION:
Disclaimer stapled to EVERY prescription stating the facts of the actual drug
and or drugs being prescribed. As well as a "Doctor Recommendation" to
simply PROMOTE the patient to RESEARCH the drug' being prescribed. Last
but definetely not least.... ALTERNATIVES!!!

*Please post your comments on this topic and if interested in posting
specific alternatives to pharm drugs, please share....

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
one day we will look back on big pharma and realize how evil they are. it worries me that the new health care bill is so closely tied to big pharma. What also worries me is the new psychiatric DSM-V manual that will further intoxicate american's minds. it is an outrage and over prescribing has killed 1000x the amount of people killed in 9-11.

this is my opinion and not to be taken as more than that but these so called "chemical imbalances" are a symptom of a problem, not the problem itself. the neuroplasticity of the brain allows the balance of neurotransmitters to shift based on people's behaviors. What a suprise people who live pathetic lives on the couch all day are depressed! the emotional response is a SYMPTOM! dopamine is released in the brain when you complete a GOAL ORIENTED BEHAVIOR. a FLOOD of feel good neurotransmitters are released during 30 MINUTES OF EXERCISE. psychiatrists should all be replaced with cognitive behavior therapists. our nation would be far better off.

link   
Star and Flag! Great title!
I hope this thread does good!
Dont get me started!
Oops, too late.

A recent experience I had:
was prescribed celebrex, but never could get it because my insurance wouldnt cover it! Was too expensive! Hows that? At 250.00 a bottle?
Are you s***ing me?

No wonder everything about the health care system is so screwed up!

You want to know the worst thing about it all, besides the suffering
so many go through of course,
is that we all think there is no alternative!

No thats friggin' scary!

Edit: No I dont take drugs, but I was desperate from the back pain.
I have since found much relief naturally!

Was my choice, spend 2000 at the hospital(and prolly thousands more),
or spend 40 dollars once in awhile at a good chiropractor.
Hmmm.... hard choice!

[edit on 21-12-2009 by dodadoom]

link   
I'm not a victim. Took a few antidepressants about a decade ago. Each for a few days, none worked to my benefit. Besides that, no other pharmaceuticals.

The alternatives are not too difficult. Repair the body. Start with the gut. At least half the immune system, and ~95% of serotonin is made in the gut. Take essential oils like peppermint, thyme, oregano, and coconut to destroy the pathogens. Next, take probiotics, many strains, to rebuild the gut. Glutamine may be necessary to repair an inflamed gut that's leaky.

Next, work on dermatits, ear infections, skin infections. Essential oils work here as well. Herbs are also great for integral health. Turmeric, ginger, ginseng, licorice, schisandra, hawthorn, etc..Detox teas work marvels for myself. Also, correcting nutritional deficiencies is a must. High doses of ascorbic acid and niacin (inositol-hexanicotinate) destroy pathogens and modulate neurotransmitters very well. Check out orthomolecular therapy for some more info here.

The thyroid must be repaired for proper immune and CNS function. Herbs help here as well. Same with adrenals, liver, colon, etc..Basically, nutrients, herbs, and essential oils is just about all most anyone needs to restore their entire body. I went from being on my deathbed, to having a surplus of energy from doing various healing techniques. Oh, and meditation helps as well.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Though I agree in principle with what I am interpreting from this: Meds are way over-prescribed. Some things that always seem left out of these discussions though as a counter point and important in it's own right.

1) If you ask anyone if it is "just" to save a million people at the cost of 100. They would more than likely agree that it is in fact a just act-given the alternative would be a million people dead instead.
For example: Chantix. Millions have taken it, and of that many many will be alive 30 years from now because it helped them stop smoking. A tiny percentage however had issues-such as exacerbating suicide risks, and other weird things (like lowered inhibitions leading to a different set of problems.). However there is a class action lawsuit going on for this.
Lesson: People don't care the cost of any act-so long as they do not have to have anything to do with the payment.

2) When people go to the Doctor they go for treatment. Even if the condition doesn't require one. Prescriptions make people feel like something is being done. If they do not get a scrip after multiple complaints to their doctor-they find another doctor. When a Doctor says "You need to change ______ in your life." they are ignored. Home treatments (like exercise, stretching etc. etc.) are almost always ignored.

There has been mention that Doctors were brainwashed by pharma. It could be more accurately said though that the population was brainwashed by both Pharma and expectations.

Any sort of personal accountability = bad, if you get a pill-well, it's not your fault, you have a bona-fied medical condition.

Anyway, just something to think on.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think people are waaaaay over-medicating themselves with prescription drugs. We have become conditioned to think that a pill is the solution to all our problems. We want instant gratification and we want it yesterday. Meanwhile, we are making Big Pharma rich and powerful by lining up and handing them money to take their poisons that we don't need in the first place. And the medications you really need that can help you with real physical pain, you can't get because doctors are afraid to prescribe them. So, unless you 100% need medication to survive, my philosophy is to just say no to big pharma. They are in business primarily to make money.

Furthermore, I think one of the biggest conspiracies surrounding big pharma is that they are sitting on cures to different diseases because there's very little profit on "curing" people. They make money by keeping people dependent on their drugs, not by curing them. Once you become cured, you no longer need to buy their drugs.

In addition, I've seen good friends take anti-depressants and they turn into a completely different person. The drugs make them think very little of the consequences of their actions and they do things they would never do if they weren't medicated.

Drugs are bad, mmmm k.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
*Please post your comments on this topic and if interested in posting
specific alternatives to pharm drugs, please share."

In Trudeau's book Natural Cures he does a lot reporting on alternative cures. I highly recomend reading it ; though with a grain of salt.
Trudeau has gathered some great stuff on the corruption of Big Pharma as well.
I suggest taking him with a grain of salt for my own weird reason. I question his agenda.
(In the sequel to that book he mentions having "seen dead bodies of aliens at area 51" now that's a topic I like , but I read that and wondered why I was reading it from him. He's like telling me about natural remedies and then is like , by the way , aliens exist, I've seen them

And a victim mentality is what the contemporary metaphor "energy vampire" often refers to.
Anyone being lied to by any government in the world is being victimized; and therefore have the right to acknowledge that and feel the anger that comes with the realization of it IMHO. A victim mentality takes place when one remains in that state of anger; for it leads to self pity; I do not live in such a state; to answer your question.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I have a friend, who's doctor is a "pill pusher". This guy is in a constant "legal" drug induced state. He has pains all day long, high blood pressure, mild epilepsy, mild COPD and terrible sleep apnea. So he takes a myriad of different pills and inhalants all day long. He uses "rockstar" drinks and such, all day to keep awake and strong sleeping pills to sleep.

Really, the guy is just a zombie. His skin is more gray, than the color it is supposed to be. He functions, but that is about it.
My buddy is native. The sad part is, He believes strongly in native healing and his brother is a "medicine man" on their reserve. But seems not to want to try it...he has been truly brainwashed away from it.

He speaks HIGHLY of native healing, but can't wait to get his prescriptions filled and is also fighting to get the "marijuana pill" for his arthritis. His doctor is also advocating this for him.

My friend is 42 years old. This seems odd to me. I'm no doctor, but I think there could be other ways to help this guy out.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Demoncreeper]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0
2) When people go to the Doctor they go for treatment. Even if the condition doesn't require one. Prescriptions make people feel like something is being done. If they do not get a scrip after multiple complaints to their doctor-they find another doctor. When a Doctor says "You need to change ______ in your life." they are ignored. Home treatments (like exercise, stretching etc. etc.) are almost always ignored.

Personally I whole-heartedly agree on both counts.

It's soo much easier to just take a "happy pill" than it is to correct and/or adjust one's lifestyle, routine or regiment. At least in the U.S., people seem to want that "quick fix" as opposed to it requiring any sort of True effort on their part. - Fix me up, Doc. (?)

There has been mention that Doctors were brainwashed by pharma. It could be more accurately said though that the population was brainwashed by both Pharma and expectations.

I think there is Much to be said for the validity of the above statement.

My son (15) even points out and jokes with me about the (not so) comedic irony in Many of today's (near infomercial) drug disclaimers and whatnot.

Anit-depressants with side effect the likes of "may cause thoughts of suicide." ?
?

Anxiety and/or Stress relieving drugs which "may cause heart attack, arrhythmia or other heart-related issues or symptoms". ?
?

Hell... some of them make it seem that you're better off just dealing with the original issue or symptoms in the first place.

It seems to me that the Vast majority of "new" drugs being allowed to be placed on the market would be better substituted or replaced by a healthier diet and/or exercise regime, as opposed to the "just take a pill" mindset so apparently acceptable and prevalent these days.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The system in the UK is different, what happens is the Doc, prescribes the drug, but no matter what the price is, lets say you might pay $250.00 for a bottle of pills, and because that's the price set on it, but here, no matter what the pharmaceuticals price, we only pay about £7.50 which is about $15. pers prescriptions. the problem we have is that because the government pay the difference via our National insurance contributions, which is about £12 a week, $25 there about's, our doctors are sometimes reluctant to prescribe the right kind of medication for the job, because they are instructed to keep it down to the cheaper option because of the price. So what you get there is improperly diagnosed, or simply given the wrong drug.

I have osteoporosis, and fro years was prescribed a drug called amitriptyline, which you may or may not know is predominantly an anti depressant, but it is used as a muscle relaxant, but i was told after years of taking it by another doctor that the prescription along with several other pain killers was just the wrong combination. so i have all the problems of over use of the amitriptyline, ie loss of gum, and teeth falling out to mention just two, but i have now gone down from about 9 different drugs every morning to just 2, which are Tramaset. and opiate based low dose morphine drug, but it was more expensive than the last lot, it was only because the new doc, saw what the problem was and decided to do the job properly, I am always on the lookout for an alternative to this drug as i would like to cut them out altogether, but have not yet found anything yet.

So I do feel for you guys over there, and find it a shame that you cant have something similar to what we have but with the quality of doctors you have. I don't know, but i think that would be a combination.

and in responce to the OP, i do think your right that most people want a quick fix, and a pill or two is the answer. but from my own experience that's not how to do it, they need to spend more time in looking at the problem and doing it right rather than trying to make a few quid for the pharmaceutical company, and themselves in some cases i guess.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Not because Im the OP, but seriously, this thread deserves to be
in the General Conspiracy Forum due to these legal medications
in all honesty being a conspiracy to depopulation for the NWO...

*NEEDS MORE ATTENTION, you feel me?

*MODS, please move

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I agree, its most absurd when sometimes it takes longer for the announcer to describe the myriad likely negative side effects than it does to describe the possible benefits. In many of those cases a sensible person would opt to not take the drug at all.

Unfortunately, most people seem to just completely ignore or block out all the negative information. I have a friend who takes a lot of medication. He has (what I call) a strange habit of completely subjugating himself to whatever the doctors prescribe and say. He turns his own brain off and would not dare to question his doctors. Why do people do that? Do they not realize that no matter how much education they have they are just people?

Education itself is no guarantee of accuracy or validity of claims. How many times does science have to reverse itself?

I just don't get it personally, and it makes me sad that so many people fall victim to the abuses. All one need do is stop and think and reflect on the advice given, and alternatives available, and make up their own mind about what course to take.

I should think the quality of one's life is worth the little extra effort.

top topics

join