It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Christians don't bomb mosques..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I sometimes notice that certain members here will defend what in my eyes are obviously the bad guys. I would like to hear someone argue with the following statement:

Iraqi Christians have had their churches blown up on a regular basis since 2003 with the ousting of Saddam Hussein, the secular former President of Iraq, and yet the Iraqi Christians do not have revenge (do not blow up mosques), because they are not Muslim.

In Christianity there is no "eye for an eye" as there is for Jews and Muslims. Those who say that "Christians" of America are attacking the Middle-East don't do much research. The biggest big-time Christian authority, the Catholic pope, calls the wars of the Middle-East "unjust" wars, meaning they are not in self-defense. Well, there's the authority for half the Christians of the world.

Some might possibly argue that the Iraqi-Christians wouldn't fight back because they are out-numbered, and know they would lose any battle. Well then, what about India's Muslims. The Muslims there are outnumbered by Hindus, and they fight back. What about the Muslims of China, with a similar story to a smaller degree. I could use examples of Muslims fighting aggressively (in the name of their religion) all over the world, even if it's not in self defense.

Back to the Iraqi-Christians: They have been in Mesopotamia for much longer of a time than Muslims have. After 2000 years they are being ethnically/religiously cleansed of the country, reminding me of the Native Americans in a way. They've been kidnapped, killed, their women raped, their houses stolen, churches blown up, all in the name is Islam.

What is their revenge? They pray for their enemies. They peacefully hide in caves, hoping things get better, or they might get a chance to leave the country as a refugee. They don't fight back. They don't blow up mosques.

They are following the Christian religion the way it's supposed to be followed. On the other hand, Al-Qaeda is following the Islamic religion the way it's supposed to be followed (Many Muslims around the world support suicide bombings, probably the ones who've read the Koran). The majority of Christians in the world are not good examples of real Christianity, just as the majority of Muslims are not examples of real Islam the way it's supposed to be strictly followed.

I'm only using Iraqi-Christians as an example. Similar stories could be told about Egypt, Pakistan, and many other countries. It's not just Muslims doing the persecuting, it's occasionally Hindus and Atheists too. Also, it's not just Christians being persecuted, it's Buddhists and Pagans too, just to give some examples.

I was thinking about an example, to be fair, of Christians persecuting anyone to the degree that they are receiving (not isolated cases of abortion doctor killings). I thought of Jamaica, where a mobs of Christian and/or Rastafarian Extremists occasionally lynch a homosexual. I don't think that type of Christianity will spread around the world. It's not real Christianity anyway, since some sinner had to symbolically "throw the first stone" at the homosexual.

Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
yep i have thoughts...they blow up mosques also...It's political and over power, , thoughout history people use religion as a badge for power gains, this is just another example......

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Sorry, never heard of Iraqi-Christians blowing up a mosque. I agree that religion can be used for politics & stuff, but not in this particular case. Those who blow up churches in Iraq are doing it for Islam not politics, and the Christians are not having revenge because of Christianity not politics.

You might be correct in some cases but not this one.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

What I meant was the Islamic factions are blowing up the mosques....Christians taking over land and gaining power, well they dont come up smelling roses historically either. Its a power struggle in time, just as Christians attempted it thoughtout history.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I was trying to be more specific. True, Shiites & Sunnis are fighting over Iraq, and when they bomb each other's mosques it might be political. And true, Christians have done bad things too. That's all on a tangent from my main point.

top topics

join