It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker Gary McKinnon to appeal against US extradition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Hacker Gary McKinnon to appeal against US extradition

news.bbc.co.uk

Computer hacker Gary McKinnon is mounting a fresh High Court challenge to stop his extradition to the US.

Solicitor Karen Todner said papers were lodged with the High Court seeking a judicial review of the home secretary's decision not to block his transfer.

The home secretary has 14 days to respond before a judge considers it.

Mr McKinnon, 43, who has Asperger's syndrome, is accused of breaking into the US military computer system. He says he was seeking evidence of UFOs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Despite the fact this saga has run and run it surely remains a gripping topic - so it's great to hear Gary has been able to launch another appeal.

It looks like we should have the final word on his fate within 14 days. How the UK has the gall to allow this man to become the fall guy for non-existent security on US military computers (i.e. total absence of so much as passwords) I'll never know. By now everyone knows there were countless others like him exploiting unprotected systems (some of whom could well have been engaged in real espionage, as opposed to UFO-hunting). If anything, Gary did the US public an enormous favour by exposing the incompetence of the computer "professionals". (Oh yeah, he also saw half a heavily-pixelated image of something that looked like a spacecraft - so I suppose he deserves 60 years after all...)

Perhaps some might consider sending a message of support, despite his heinous crimes:

freegary.org.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/12/09 by pause4thought]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
FREE GARY!

I've compromised computers before, but I was smart enough not to realize to the public that I had. Lol.

FREE GARY!!!!!!!

The guy is a champion for mankind.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Could his arrest be a god send?? or a blessing in disguise?? Maybe he is the one chance that the population of this planet has to force the governments to change their minds. Release the bloke he was just doing what we would have all done if we had the know how. Its our right to know the truth, our right to know our destiny, our true pasts. Thats who we are today. Thats what makes us what we are.What gives anyone the right to hold all of this from us? Dont we all really want to know who we "really" are?
IF his arrest was due to trying to find proof of Extra Terrestrial life, then is`nt it wrong when theyre prosecuting someone for wanting the truth? The Government knows about the situations yet continue to lie and decieve us?They wont disclose the facts, they wont tell us the truth? Yet he`s gettin jailed for that????
I personally think that his arrest is a joke. He has done everything is is power to prove what he believes is true, and who we are, its the same as what people do proving theres a God? They would do what it takes.
The thing that makes me sick though is the fact that the Government is quite happy to sit back and allow this to happen when they know what he`s saying is unfortunatly for them the truth? How can any prosecution buy this? Its like arresting a man because hes turned religious and wanted to know the truth. Now that ive had my rant why not,start a global official petition to release him and also the release and disclosure?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If he loses the appeal, he should video tape everything he knows, and post it on the internet for the whole world to know.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The truth is, we in Britain should change the name of our country to
"The Defeated Kingdom of USA Butt-Snorkelers"
The poor bloke is going to jail in America.
When it happens tho, I wouldn't want to be an American student in the UK...

top topics

join