It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq sees alarming rise in cancers, deformed babies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Iraq sees alarming rise in cancers, deformed babies

www.washingtonpost.com

"We have seen new kinds of cancer that were not recorded in Iraq before war in 2003, types of fibrous (soft tissue) cancer and bone cancer. These refer clearly to radiation as a cause," said Jawad al-Ali, an oncologist in Iraq's second city of Basra.

In the city of Falluja in western Iraq, scene of two of the fiercest battles between U.S. troops and insurgents after the 2003 U.S. invasion, a spike in the number of births of stillborn, deformed and paralyzed babies has alarmed doctors.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Depleted uranium, brought to you by peace loving America and her satellite UK. To be honest I'm quite surprised that at least one American mainstream media outlet reported this. Has it been on the TV there? I doubt it. They certainly didn't show it in the TV here, but a major (biggest) newspaper reported it. But why no TV exposure? I'm guessing it's just too graphic? Anyways can we now please hand Dubya and Blair over to the Iraqis and let them decide what to do with them?

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edited typos

[edit on 2-12-2009 by rhinoceros]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This isn't from radiation or uranium.. lol

IT'S FROM CONSTANT STRESS the Iraqi Woman face daily.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
This isn't from radiation or uranium.. lol

Yeah, it's funny as, eh!

It seems a bit too coincidental.
Wonder how they Military Dogs will dress it.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
One guy laughs and one says it's not okay to laugh and nobody else gives a flying f*ck. What a nice little place we've got here

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
As much as I hate and disagree with the war in the Middle East, I think this is more just propaganda and misleading statistics. The cancers they are detecting now are somply being detected in MORE DETAIL than previously available, thereby showing up differences in various types of cancers that weren't seen before.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
As somebody mentioned already, its too coincidental and I don't believe in coincidence.

I guess it must be only stress in Vietnam too.. it cant be from all that agent orange they poured all over their country, noooooo no no.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
As a former aid worker, the proliferation of depleted uranium was one reason I never wanted to go to Kosovo.
www.merip.org...
But hey what's a little collateral damage on top of the existing civilian casualties? Purely out of the goodness of our hearts, we rescued them from their evil dictator. I just hope they are grateful (cue irony).

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Coincidental? That's pretty ignorant. This is really old news. I remember reading a report on this site like five years ago about an independent investigation finding that Iraq had many more times the amount of radiation as post-WWII Japan.

How can people just blow this off? Obviously DU ammunition is too good to be humane but I guess the US could never exploit inhumane measures to achieve its ends

new topics

top topics

join