It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of America happens in the middle of the night

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
but...it is gonna be free healthcare...
they will borrow the money for it and well, it will be our kids and grandkids that pay for it.

I am one of those who are constantly finding themselves caught in the middle, too rich for any gov't assistance, too poor for actual healthcare...even with insurance.
From what I've heard about this bill, I really don't expect that to change. What I do expect to change is that when things get tough financially and I find myself having to make the choice between paying for health insurance or paying for the food on my table, or the roof over my head, well, that decision will be made already through this bill.....by people who seem to live in an entirely different world where a money tree grows in the backyard of everybody's house and everyone has a million or so dollars in their bank accounts. I also expect that the cost of that health insurance will be getting a little higher, since well, that's what the health insurance industry has done every other time the gov't has expanded those gov't programs.
and I also wonder...could this sudden urgency to overhaul healthcare be more of a way to bail out insurance companies that had their little nest egg on the same tracks as everyone else when that great subprime train came rolling through? And, I am serious with this one, anyone know how the insurance companies have been operating? do they invest their "reserve", and well, what kind of regulations are there that controls what they invest in?

this isn't Europe, and this is a different time than when Europe formed their healthcare systems. here, in america, the government has seemed to prove to too many that they aren't working in the interest of the common people. they are more apt to take from those that have little, so that those who have nothing can be used as an excuse to give those that have too much even more....
neither communism or capitalism it seems, is as bad as the hybrid we have now where the communism is being used more for the benefit of big corporations than it is to actually help the people.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thanks, you perfectly elaborated my point of view. I'd like just add, that what is happening in USA, have postponed but direct impact in Europe. While common sense - IMO - is rooted better in EU then USA citizenry, there are still very sound groups which use USA as idol. These groups are spreading "anti-americanism" term same way as ADL is spreading false anti-semitism. Almost nobody in Europe is opposing bit vague "American way of life" or more vague "values" like freedom and democracy. Especially at former east-block (now EU/NATO) republics, these pro-atlantic groups are very strong, almost dictating foreign policy. If you track personal record of their members ... they are connected to weapons/oil/pharmaceutical industry, various levels of government/police/mafia. Same names still repeating

BTW: I'd like recommend everybody book named "Mount Misery" (Random House, New York 1997) by Samuel Shem. It's very good description of health care - insurance tie.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
reply to post by zeddissad

Can anyone actually tell me what dental is actually covered by this monstrosity of a program?

That's another question I admit full ignorance on, what will it cover in regards to teeth!!!!!

That I can actually use good dental is a fortune.... and if your teeth are nasty your basically ruined socially and career wise... Just sayin...

I can't find a darn thing that will cover cosmetics if I ever need a tooth replaced or caps and i'm not getting any younger...

Whats the story with dental, will it just cover lame cleanings and cavity fills with Amalgam? Or can i actually get work done on my teeth under this thing?

Does anyone even know?

And what about Chiropractic???????

I might seriously change my stance on this if chiropractic and dental coverage is allowed... to a real degree

[edit on 2-12-2009 by mopusvindictus]

Please don't shoot messenger - I'm just reporting my personal experience with various health care models.
What I'm trying to say: if you have some ugly car accident and there are two possibilities how to treat you - cut your leg or do expensive surgery - should decide view of insurance agent?

As for amalgam - yes, basic insurance cover only amalgam fillings, but it is not problem to pay few bucks and get better - that is mixed model. And guess what - people are much happier with amalgam then without teeth. Also there is strong movement to cancel amalgam fillings completely because they are positively poisonous. If we defeat insurance scambags than we can have better fillings with basic insurance. Just get rid of leaches.

EDIT to add:
Once again I stress, that I view current US health care reform as scam.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by zeddissad]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I'd rather pay for healthcare/food/shelter/education for someone than for war or political junkets or even for things like sending rockets to blow up the moon. It's all a matter of priorities.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
nhs is last

[edit on 12/2/2009 by dashar]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
nhs sucks

[edit on 14/3/2009 by dashar]

[edit on 12/2/2009 by dashar]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I coul not of said it better myself America is the big bully in the world and if you don't like it you get invaded.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Pak Alert Press is a VERY questionable website, regularly featuring everybody's favorite, Sorcha Faal.

I do not believe for one second that the bill was secretly passed. In fact it has a very tough fight ahead in the Senate. I still have faith and hope that there are enough good senators left to vote it down.

That said, lets address everyone who has wondered why in the world we wouldn't want free health care. Well, we would.

This bill has nothing to do with free health care. What it is in a nutshell is Health INSURANCE for all. That's not all, It IS NOT FREE!

Obamas big plan is nothing more than making it a LAW that you must BUY health insurance.

That is why it has such opposition, and that is why the opposition coninues to grow as people start to understand what is really being proposed.

That is also why this administration tried with such urgency to get it passed in the same manner the stimulus passed. Quickly, and before We The People can find out what it really is.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
[edit on 3-12-2009 by 2compelled]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Interesting article. I thought the article entitled "Obama Prepares 1 million troops for civil war" which was also under that link was even more interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join