It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dublin Bishop Says Vatican Silence on Abuse Cases 'Regrettable'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Dublin Bishop Says Vatican Silence on Abuse Cases 'Regrettable'

www.bloomberg.com

Nov. 27 (Bloomberg) -- The Vatican’s failure to cooperate with a panel investigating the sexual abuse of children by priests in Ireland is “very regrettable,” said an auxiliary Roman Catholic bishop of Dublin, Eamonn Walsh.
“I’m very disappointed with this failure to respond” to the Dublin Archdiocese Commission of Investigation, Walsh said in a telephone interview today. “I am surprised with the attitude, it is totally unnecessary. It doesn’t tally at all with the approach of the Holy Father,” he said, referring to Pope Benedict XVI.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ansa.it
www.asca.it
www.ilgiornale.it

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Whenever it comes to children being abused, i litterally loose control, and start HATING some people.
Many don't know it, but when they talk about the church leaders that were more concerned with the “avoidance of scandal”, they are especially talking about the "Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith" and between 1981–2005, this role was covered by the present pope, Mr, Joseph Ratzinger. Well done Mr Ratzinger. I come from a very catholic country, and i believe in God, but to accept this is frankly beyond me. They deny wedding between two people of the same sex, because it's bad, but they deliberately cover up priests RAPING CHILDREN, because the "channel of the request was inappropriate". 46 assessed cases of paedophile priests involved in 320 cases (the known ones) in 29 years Link but since they were priests...

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join