It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret CIA 'magic' manual from Cold War era on saleSecret CIA 'magic' manual from Cold War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
CIA used Paranormal psychology, against Soviet mind control

But could someone explain to me what the difference it between paranormal psychology
and studies. What does it mean, did it work and did they use it ?

The manual adapts magic tricks for the serious business of spying
A CIA manual instructing US agents on the use of magic tricks during the Cold War has gone on sale.

It was written in 1953 by magician John Mulholland for a fee of $3,000 (£1,800) - considerable at the time.
It includes deceptions such as spiking drinks, pocketing small objects and tying shoelaces to communicate in code.

Th More..e CIA ordered copies destroyed in the 1970s, but one survived. It has been republished as The Official CIA Manual of Trickery and Deception.
The material - now unclassified - was uncovered by espionage historian Keith Melton, and Bob Wallace, a former CIA director.

'Paranormal research'

Among several deceptions detailed in the book, it instructs spies on how to tie their shoelaces to signal other spies - "I have information", "Follow me", or "I have brought another person".
It also shows operatives how to conceal a doping pill in a matchbook, then covertly drop it into a person's drink while distracting them by lighting their cigarette.

In the foreword, deputy CIA director John McLaughlin writes that "magic and espionage are kindred spirits".
"Mulholland's writing on delivery of pills, potions and powders was just one example of research carried out back then in fields as diverse as brainwashing and paranormal psychology," he writes.

The guide was part of a larger CIA programme, called Project MK-Ultra, aimed at countering the Soviet mind-control techniques of the Cold War era.
But Mr McLaughlin says that to the best of his knowledge, the drink-spiking techniques "were never actually used"

www.liveleak.com...

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Reckon]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I dig it
The scary part is if they were doing these kinds of things for at least the last 50 years to their own citizens and troops, imagine what kind of stuff is going on now. I always fancied the remote viewing experiments, and it just goes to show that the PTB will try any and everything to accomplish their goals. Surhan Surhan comes to mind as well, but I guess conspiracies have a way a making people ponder.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
People rather believe in a lie, rather than the truth.
What hurts most the truth or lie, you buy a car if the seller tells you its flawless and you wont buy it if the seller tells you the truth.

Almost the same *SNIP* is going on right now.

I guess its not a conspiracy anymore, and what makes it a conspiracy is the people turning a blind eye to it.

And letting those *SNIP* palm readers, astrology *SNIP* discredit the paranormal.

*Mod Edit: Hold off on the swears and censor circumvention. Cheers -alien

[edit on 5-12-2009 by alien]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Or just look at this movie about military secret Special forces using mind control

THE MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS - TRAILER 2

www.youtube.com...

Take a look at the All seeing eye in the dance scene

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Outstanding post, man. It's my opinion that the most brutal weapons of any agency originate through sources available to the public. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Reckon, thank you for the post. Great find.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Where have I seen this before... Ahh yes... Here it is on ATS

Paranormal studies though?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
CIA and governmental institutions used and still use what can be called spiritual/paranormal/psychich abilities for various purposes, from mind control and influencing individuals, to spying and so on.

Here is a good documentary from CIAs remote viewing program and other paranormal activites, with people from CIA themselves interviewed and explaining:

Google Video Link

DIRECT LINK

Here is an article on Wikipedia about this CIA project:
en.wikipedia.org...

Obviously it was never shut down, and I know from my own inside sources from NSA they are still using these methods, even more than ever before, and to great degrees. Among others, Saddam Hussein was found using psychic abilities, remote viewing.

Some information on the highly related MK-ULTRA:
en.wikipedia.org...

Interview with one of those whom served in MK-ULTRA:

www.youtube.com...

-Maggador

[edit on 4-12-2009 by IX-777]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IX-777

Don't know how reliable the second movie is... the guy cant maintain eye contact for 5 seconds... and he is way too stiff... I smell a liar. Nonetheless, entertaining story.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
There is a difference between "sleight of hand" and the paranormal. This is a manual of "sleight of hand." If you cannot tell the difference, you probably shouldn't be investigating the paranormal.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Russian mind control?

I believe this was probably the most effective tactic they had

top topics

join