It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All for Willing Collusion (AFWC)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The Message was first reported on Wednesday Sept 9 2009 at 10:39 am on a website called abovetopsecret by someone with the member name “pluckynoonez.” Plucky, as we may refer to her if we so please, did not at the time, nor does she now, claim authorship of the message. (It should be noted, that, due to the intrinsic anonymity of the internet, the odds of Plucky being female is approximately one in one. It is presumed she is female because of her sexy avatars and the fact that she seems predominately concerned with the trappings of the average fembot.) Plucky is not able to confirm the authorship of the original thread, beyond finding a posting on another internet site called 4chan. The original posting said, in small font, flashing red letters was “I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.” (More on this later....)

How is it then that we are able to claim that the Message was first reported by abovetopsecret and not 4chan? This is because the 4chan thread was a temporary posting, designed to self destruct after only three viewings. One of the people who saw the post, admittedly quite by accident, was Plucky Noonez. (She wouldn’t go into details, no matter how vehemently I threatened to have her professionally tickled.)

It is presumed that the first viewing would be that of the poster or at least, a poster’s accomplice. (To confirm the posts placement.) It remains a mystery as to the third viewer, but whoever that was managed to save the source of the forums’ page that contains the html for the post, and it was in the code that the message was hiding.
Excluding the code, and the previously mentioned sentence, the message in it’s entirety translates as folllows:

"All to see, learn in kind, everything. Any lending library that has integrity needs great service. Heralded intellects desire every secret. That humans explore inside molecular particles offers realistic technologies and necessary time for realizing our most terrible happening ever. Our reason differs in natural and rodomontade yawps."

Literally retarded, weird and vague, like deciphering code of someone who doesn't speak the language, the message itself seems, even now, ridiculous. (Oh, and “rodomontade” means boastful and a “yawp” is a yell.) Plucky didn’t seem to think much of it at the time, her post entitled, “The Message” only contained a link to the copied source on 4chan, the words you read above, along with the end tag “Anybody know what this is about?” Within a few hours, in typical ATS fashion, she had a few responses.

The first response said, “What, no talk of panic sex? Second line.” (Which is a conspiracy on it’s own accord.)

The second response was this: “I think this is stupid. Anything 4chan does is a waste of time. There are a bunch of liers and geaks. I remember this one time where these kids taught a dog to smoke and they took pictures of the doog smooking and put them upp on the net and everyone that saw it thought there’s a good idea. And they taught there dogs to smoke, and the cases of dog lung cancer went up, A LOT!” (These responses, while spelled poorly and grammatically terrifying shouldn’t scare you away from the power of the over-generalization.)

The third response was this: “Plucky, I think I’ve seen this before. It was impressed onto a parchment, like a pencil tracing. The parchment hung in a cheap wooden frame in what could properly be called a truck stop in the middle of Poop Chute, Nowhere. Beside it was a framed, black and white picture of a 1950's flatbed truck. On the back of that truck was a polar bear at least twenty feet tall. (I never again thought of the parchment until now.) I don’t know if any of this helps, but interesting thread, S and F for you!”

The next day Plucky received a private U2U from an Administrator who shall remain nameless as I plan to keep my account. All it said was, “Your thread has been removed.” There was no explanation as to why. Plucky, wrote the unnamed administrator asking why her thread had been removed. The next day she got a two word response, “Drop it.” 5 seconds after reading the words, “Drop it.” her computer omitted the sour stench of hockey gear and sulphur tablets and Plucky lost consciousness. She is now banned from ATS and if the rumours she told me are true, she died.

The questions raised by the message are obvious, but I leave any speculations to you. (Feel free to comment below.) Myself, being a writer and philosopher , am concerned only with the truth. What I’m after are answers to the following:

1.) Did polar bears used to be bigger? Like, back in the fifties?

2.) Who has enough disposable income to be buying smokes for their dogs? Do these dogs need to get jobs? Do dogs that already have jobs, smoke more?

3.) Are they stealing smokes?

Warning: The reading of this post may cause pronounced big toe, uncontrollable sitting, loss of bones, excessive torso misplacement and a general sense of paranoia, if symptoms persist please send me money.

866/500

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I have officially gone mad after reading this.

No Plucky???

Say it isn't so.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I just did a search on her... yeah, last post was 10-25 and her status is "Banned".

So... looks like they banned Plucky

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

Hmm very interesting. I wonder why she was banned just for asking why her thread was removed. I would think as long as she asked respectfully there should not be a problem. Maybe she was on to something. I guess we will never know now. Poor Plucky, banned,she was a good kid.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
^ Wood, G.L. (1981). The Guinness Book of Animal Records. p. 240.

The largest polar bear on record, reportedly weighing 1,002 kg (2,210 lb), was a male shot at Kotzebue Sound in northwestern Alaska in 1960

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Isn’t that a site of hackers, viruses, and such?
I can understand why they would ban someone for posting a link over to there if that is the case.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Maybe she didnt know that. Couldnt they have just edited her post and removed the link without banning her. They edit posts around here all the time for caps and so forth.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Thanks Sig,
After giggles, madness is a close second.
I'm wondering if anybody here is going to "get" this on any of the multiple levels available.
This is not just a thread...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

I'm sure someday the truth will come out.
For the record she wasn't banned for asking why her thread was removed, she was banned for something that was in the message she posted.

I predict plucky will return with a new name and a disguised attitude.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I feel as though i missed something interesting.

Anyway, I dig your writing style and witty barbs. Hope to read more in the future.....

Regards,

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Welcome back, Plucky...*
Thanks for saying nice things about my barbs, you should see my quips!

You didn't actually miss anything but thanks for playing along....

My ego sends salutations and good energies.

*I kid....

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'm not getting any nibbles on my hook so I've had to resort to big hints.

Hide
In
Plain
Sight

Or is that "big hips."

First person to decipher the message gets a.... oh, jeez, what could I possibly give you.... Oh I know, a prize!*

*Prize to be determined

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Ref 333, I thought the same thing: she's back. However, threes has been a member since 2005, so that sort of works against this theory.

I agree though, its too bad she's gone, I thought she added a lot of ummmm ..... well, 'pluck' to the dialogue.

Anyways, its always good to remember our fallen comrades.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

OK...I figured it out.

LOL....will I be banned for the reveal?

I guess it depends on what my prize is

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sdp333

Congratulations to sdp333 for figuring out the message.
She has won her pick of any data parcel from my vast, vast library of information.

I'd still be happy to have more people crack the code.

And I'd better reveal at this point, that this is a "story." A complete work of fiction. I have no idea as to why Plucky was banned. I just took advantage of that situation to make this fiction seem real...

My mom thinks I'm clever...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I miss the Pluckster, and appreciated the comical read!

You know, the best propaganda has a kernel of truth in it.........

Plucky, if you're out there, it's NOT, repeat, NOT time to panic yet. That doesn't mean you can't practice.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Thanks Argentus. I miss Plucky too.
Still waiting for that request 333.
Happy Holidays in whatever form it is you choose to celebrate the end of the old year and the beginning of the new, to all!

new topics

top topics

join