It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick? Don't go to work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

A commercial played in Michigan during a football game. The guy in the office appears to have nothing more then a cold, yet all his coworkers stay away from him. In Michigan the unemployment rate is 15%, not all of the unemployed count, and no one is willing to call in sick. They fear that they may lose their jobs and/or pay, schools have been closed and reopened. Not everyone has sick days to spend. Yet they ask us that if were sick not to go. Hospitals have reported record numbers of people in with the flu, because everyone is scared that they might have the swine flu. It all just doesn't sit well with me. What do you guys think?

[edit on 11/8/2009 by TheAntiHero420]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well, i think that this commercial is non-sense. If someone is scared of losing their job, they are going to go to work regardless of how they feel. I know people who also say things like "I can't stay home man, I need the cash". Our economy is so damn bad that people literally can't afford to not go to work. I'm in detroit, so I can understand this perfectly.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

I agree. Detroits unemployment rate is like 28%, people would kill to go to work. Now your asking them not to go to work, its stupid.

join