It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Orb, Clip used in UFO Hunters new episode called "Dark Presence"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
Again, use the semi-truck as reference of distance. That is one of the factors that should be taken into account while forging your opinion.

I can guarantee you, the farthest you will be able to flick a lit cigarette is at a maximum of 12-15 feet.

From the nature of a cigarette butt alone, they are long and would move end over end (the burning end would be heavier than the filtered end causing a rotation). Right???

Those are good points but actually I AM using the semi-truck as a reference, and if there's a person just behind the truck flicking the 2nd light I don't know if it's really much further than 15 feet, and the first one travels about the same distance and follows a similar trajectory. I think your statement that they only travel so far when you flick them is correct and it's part of the reason that the motion we see reminds me so much of cigarette butt motion, is that they run out of horizontal velocity exactly like cigarette butts do, at which point all motion becomes vertical.

As for the rotating motion, I have to say "it depends". As you point out the camera is some distance away which would tend to minimize the visibility of rotational motion which would be relatively small in relation to the total distance traveled. The resolution and ability of the camera to detect such a small motion at such a large distance is questionable, and I would NOT agree that cigarette butts are "long" I think you could say that about a cigarette perhaps but not just a cigarette butt, they are somewhat short.

Anyway I said I'm not sure that's what it is, just that it looks similar to what I'd expect a flicked cigarette butt to look like. They could be something else, I'm the first person to admit that.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Well I'm glad that you approached that with an open mind. It is quite hard to say what it actually is, I just know that it looks very interesting which is the reason I posted this to others. I find it to be pretty compelling footage. UFO Hunters used it and analyzed it, and though it was good enough to put in one of their episodes,...so, who knows??? It could be the real thing. The truth is, no one will ever actually know because the only evidence available is the footage itself. But its fun to speculate.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join