It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is halloween a conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Zombies, Frankenstein monster, ghouls, vampires etc. have the common theme of "life beyond the grave" -- an afterlife having nothing to do with a personal God. What is the promise of Jesus Christ anyway? Those washed in His blood, filled with His spirit, will be resurrected in incorruptible flesh, and will live with Him forever. The resurrection of the dead and the Rapture of the faithful are promises Jesus Christ says He will keep. Halloween and its scary fun motifs cast doubt on this promise. Can the dead indeed be raised? This paranormally obsessed culture which hypes Halloween and the Horror Genre in entertainment seems to say that the dead will only be raised as monsters, decaying ghouls, undead vampires, or as the result of some occult intervention.

www.mt.net...
I see so many of these types of threads I thought in honor of all hallows eve,
I would do one myself! Here goes.

Hmmm, this article makes some sense!
You are crazy if you believe in Jesus, but not if you believe in ghosts, ufos, etc, etc.
This place is fun! Wheeeee!
Um, ya. Cough cough, sorry. A frog.
What does ATS think?
As far as a conspiracy? Who knows.
I think it is a conspiracy to feed us kiddies junk, thereby making diabetes
and other ailments more profitable to a whole host of bad apples!

Gettin' the parents hooked up to a profit machine and now we are
after the kiddies health too?
Funny how all these new ailments like ADHA and such
have popped up also in the past half century or so. Hmmmmm?
Nah, lets eat some more sugar! Wheee!
What say you ATS?

[edit on 31-10-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'd give the premise more merit if the celebrations didn't predate Christianity.

Interesting take on it though.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Thank you Seiko!
I used to have one,...loved it!
I guess I should of named the thread,
is halloween a conspiracy so big pharma can reap huge profits on the backs of our children?
Sorry bout that?
Thank you for your reply~!
Happy Halloween!
Wheeeeoooooooo!
(that was supposed to sound like a ghost)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Here ya all go.
This was too easy:

I have uncovered documents — most of which are not soiled napkins and are actually printed on real paper — that certifiably demonstrate that the so called “spooky holiday,” Halloween, is in actuality a conspiracy devised by a very powerful capitalist conglomerate.

cornellsun.com...
Thanks for reading and Happy Halloween!
Whooooooooooooo!~(was that any better to sound like a ghost?)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well yes i can totally follow you now.

To keep the monsters away we must consume vast amounts of chocolate. I can get into this, I really can.

There could be public service announcements of kids with candy stained faces doing their part.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Would we be having fun yet, then?
Good call! I love shockolot!
Now all we have to do is find us a disguise!

And I thought this place was all serious and stuff!
My bad!
BTW, what is the healthy weight of a five year old?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Here this is a cute powerpoint slide on halloween myths!
Apparently it blows my theory out of the water!
It says more candy is sold for xmas and easter!
Boo hoo! Or just boo!

www.hearthfires.org...,15,Myth # 7
To start at the start:
www.hearthfires.org...,1,Slide 1

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply dodeedoom!

Heres something for your thread! Dat kewl?
You're not on my ignore list anyway! Or Seiko's! Thanks S!

The origins of Halloween are, in fact, very Christian and rather American. Halloween falls on October 31 because of a pope, and its observances are the result of medieval Catholic piety.

www.beliefnet.com...
HH!
Sorry for trying to lighten the spooky mood on here,
and for apparently wasting time and space.
Dont worry, I'll edit all this out later anyway.....

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I can't find the passage but the night of Good Friday bodies of
the dead roamed the streets.

Searchable bible links:

One of the links:
www.olivetree.com...
The closest I got was a search on hour:

Mark 14:41 . And he cometh the third time and saith to them: Sleep ye now and take your rest. It is enough. The hour is come: behold the Son of man shall be betrayed into the hands of sinners. Mark 15:25 . And it was the third hour: and they crucified him. Mark 15:33 . And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole earth until the ninth hour. Mark 15:34 . And at the ninth hour, Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying: Eloi, Eloi, lamma sabacthani? Which is, being interpreted: My God, My God, Why hast thou forsaken me?

So the events afterward should include the undead mention.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The Heathenistic Calendar is no more different than the Gregorian Christian Calendar. Only the problem was when Samhain came around the Christians forgot to dedicate a Holiday in this name (they have Harvest Festival stolen from Beltane, but theres nothing between that and Christmas Day/Yule.)

So they stole Samhain from the Pagans and claimed it as their own, only now the problem is the Theologists know that the Christiany Deity for Satan comes from "Pan" (or at least the image from which the Baphomet origionates by the Knights Templar came from) and was Stolen by the Christians as a symbolic face for Satan. (His true for is a Angelic being without wings-as NO angels actually have wings, thats a myth.)

In accordance to this the Vatican are doing their usual cry-baby approach of "Samhain is a Satanic holiday and must be banned" approach, ironic as Satan came from the Christian viewpoint and not the Heathens/Pagans who only believed in the Seasons. And Samhain/Halloween however you want to name it (they both mean Summers End anyway) is now getting the bad reputation Theologically no thanks to some ignorant minority in a handful of churches who are too busy burying their hands in a mythical book than studying ACTUAL belief systems.

top topics

join