It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just ones person idea on theories surrounding 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This encompasses most of the theories surrounding 2012, but are these really theories? All except for Planet X and Black Holes, have happened in our history, be it recorded or scientific research. This is not to try and create mass hysteria, but this is fact proven many times over, and anyone with the proper knowledge can attest to this. How 2012 falls in to these cyclic patterns above in fact is a cycle, or pattern of change. Sometime this is good, and other times bad. We can only look at out past history, the history of the Earth to formulate a hypothesis of things to come. The main reason people put the Mayan calendar with the 2012 theory is simple, and understandable, but no real proof or breakthroughs have been. Because the Earth has been around for millions of years, cycles that affect us today are relatively minuscule compared to the big picture. Ice Ages come and go, this is proven, but what triggers these are still mysterious to us even today. There are even indication that the planet went into an Ice Age within a few hours due to a Super Volcano that erupted and clouded the sky. So in short, there are cycles greater than what you may have come to understand, or even believe, but again we are just talking about the Earth. Outside or atmosphere and even our Galaxy, there are many wars being waged between one Galaxy and another, another cycle.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkangle2bad
...Because the Earth has been around for millions of years...

its been around for BILLIONS with a 'B'

sorry in a nitpicking mood. heres a good FACTUAL thread on 2012. maybe try this there or get some of those people here

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=7434932#pid7434932

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

it's acutally a poor attempt at attacking a few misconceptions regarding 2012.

but yeah if you really want to know about it. all you need is google common sense.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

clearly calling everyone a joke and saying you know everything is common sense and using google? you should be elected president of the universe.

oh and by the way....you did nothing to dispute the claims in that thread that you claim to be false. you just said they were wrong.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Dont forget Super Solar Flares (no evidence). And sudden fast Polar shifts i do think correct me if im wrong the only physical pole shift proved took millions of years and wasnt a 1 day - 1 week happening as doomsayers are predicting.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
During the runup to 2000, there was little to no mention of 2012. Everyone was afraid of 1999/2000. Now that it has passed, the next date circulated is 2012. I think we have to center ourselves and remember that everything should be in a context of the world. If you think the world is going to end in 2012 or something catestrophic is going to happen, do you believe that in the context of your life or in the overall world? Do you think people in Canada and in small villages in India or Russia will be effected?

The reality is little is that far reaching. Countries have collapsed throughout history and the world goes on. Hitler marched, Napoleon marched, and the world went on afterwords. Not everyone was effect by either of them. Why, because their reach can only go so far, this world is vast. Even if a comet comes and hits, the world will go on. And if it doesn't, why worry about it. Everything passes, even this will pass.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I have read into the 2012 thing for a couple of years now. The thing about 2012 is it is differnet from y2k. Y2k was a man-made possbley disaster 2012 is a natural disaster that deals with alot of differnet cycles coming together at this specifc time. I think this year will be a wild year. I think that this year will answer are questions regarding 2012 and alot of other things.

new topics

top topics

join