It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there in truth no beauty?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Whilst the title is from a rather tame episode of a famous show, it is something that resonated within me. The Idea behind the words strikes at something within us; a drive for those who would seek the truth. It is how I found this website.

I read a lot, I seek answers to random things that I have always been curious about. The internet is a gift to those born asking "why?". If a question arises, and I don't know the answer, I have this desire to find the answer. Things that would at first glance seem trivial to those around me. It was through these searches about a myriad of subjects that I was led to a certain destination. Through the random chance of repetition in relevance I have decided that this forum shares many of the same questions that I have, and might even be the one that knows some of the answers.

I have witnessed some amazing exchanges between the users here that leads me to believe that rational and reasoned debate is welcomed. I have also witnessed some astoundingly obtuse comments, but given my experience in society as a whole I would judge this site to be worth the time to participate.

For each question, and the following path to it's resolution there is a journey that must be traveled. The road is filled with many barriers and misdirections. I feel that there are others like me here who are driven to find the destination.

Given my thoughts on this, I have finally decided to stop lurking and sign up.

My name is Seiko, I seek the force of the truth.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

I have it on good authority that John Keats would strongly disagree with the opening question...

Welcome here.
You sound like an interesting person. ;-)

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Well, OP, while you pose an interesting thought, I certainly would have to ponder this at length.

However, I do find beauty in truth. The saying 'you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free', is indeed beautiful. Although, I have yet to know the truth, just speaking the truth as I know it does set you free from the lies of self.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Some people could be standing right next to the truth and never even see it.

Some people have within them the opportunity to change the world but fail to use it.

Some people choose to believe in lies.

In truth beauty is deceptive and relative.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Oh welcome!
Such a poetic entrance....
look forward to your contributions.

top topics

join