It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CUSTODIAL PARENTS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This has got to be, in my opinion, one of the worst decisions ever made.

In California, custodial parents have now lost the right to move with their children out of state.

www.law.com...

I have a friend that has been planning to move with her family to another state. She has won sole custody of her daughter but the father is now stopping her move. This Dad has purposely not worked for years because he refuses to pay child support. He has been arrested in the past for numurous DUI's and domestic violence. He spends no time with his child, but suddenly feels he knows what is best for her. What's your opinion?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It is prettty bad here in the state of California in regard to Domestic Violence and fathers rights. The safety of the mother and child is overlooked in order to give the father visitation.

www.dvcenter.net...

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Now I can see if the fathers are paying support and actually sees his children on a regular basis....but in my friends case it would absolutely be in the best interest of the child to move. I don't understand where the womens advocacy groups were when this one came up. It's ridiculous:shk:

join