It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested over directing G20 rioters using Twitter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Man arrested by FBI

A New York-based anarchist has been arrested by the FBI and charged with hindering prosecution after he allegedly used the social networking site Twitter to help protesters at the G20 summit in Pittsburgh evade the police.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by wazthewazzock]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Sounds like something Iran would do.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by wazthewazzock

Im not surprised with this one bit, they have already told us all that we are being monitored on the net through social networking sites.

If you wanted to coordinate groups of people it would be better to use hand held radios, yes the police can listen but if you develop a coded system of speech they cant tell who you are or where you are.

Using a social networking site is asking for trouble.

I find it strange that many people read about how peoples rights are being signed away yet go and do things like this then scream when they get caught. Do people not believe things until they happen?

I also really do not understand why people at protests scream, shout then when a police officer bats someone over the head and begins to drag them off the reaction of the crowd is to stand, point and say he cannot do that, this is a breach of rights, what did he do etc. Its just really stupid behavior in my eyes, why not grab the guy back and give what you get? Your rights are breached yes, breach their laws then!

I just dont understand people anymore, being peaceful does not work in this world, if your going to take part in it then your going to have to get your hands dirty.

Thats why I have nothing to do with it because it is a complete waste of time because everyone just watches you as you get dragged away by the authorities.

Dont get me wrong, I do think that things will change but as usual it will be after the fat lady has sung rather than before.

Then everyone will be pointing going, "how did we let this happen?"

Apologies for the rant but I get really wound up with protests these days, it mirrors watching sheep in a field and only serves to allow new laws being passed.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I am living in CANADA, I was listening the channel too and posting here what I heard on police. Next G20 is supposed to be in Canada next year... This we be tougher for me... But I am sure we will have some internationnal help...

How they can arrest someone in another country? Possible but maybe lot harder.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

You are so right xxx, peaceful protest time is OVER. They will not allow the people to peacefully protest anymore so they are the ones that set the bar. Future protestors should show up equally protected and armed. Be prepared to sacrfice yourself should you go otherwise it's a waste of your time and effort. I was truly hoping the militias would show up in Pittsburgh and face down the police with equal force. I'm not sure what they are waiting for since the agreements made at the G20 virtually spell the death of American sovereignty, not that it matters to anyone.

new topics

top topics

join