It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minnesota's own Loch Ness Monster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Update: It is just a statue

I stumbled upon a posting today via my old job's twitter feed. It seems that a Minneapolis man (where I'm from) managed to apparently snap a photo of a Plesiosaur style creature in a lake. It doesn't mention where the lake is in the photo but I am assuming that it is of Lake Pepin.

Original Photo Source:

hawkinson.cloudprofile.com...

Video about the Lake Pepin Monster (News Report).

www.youtube.com...

I have also taken the liberty of emailing the photographer to ask for more details and a higher res photo if possible. I will post them when they come in.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by antithesis.]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Maybe..

Just Maybe... Nessie migrated to greener, quieter parches

Well, not anymore

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bskivss3
Maybe..

Just Maybe... Nessie migrated to greener, quieter parches

Well, not anymore

I remember being jealous of Scotland for having a Loch Ness monster when I was little but never realized that we had our own here at home! Perhaps I'll have to take my camera out there some day and rent a canoe.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well you'd think with 10,000+ lakes, one of em would have a monster!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
They had a show on Animal Planet and it talked about all kinds of weird creatures in America. Octupus in an Oklahoma lake, Loch Ness like monsters in certain lakes in America. Mothman and more. Cool stuff, I'm glad no one really knows if these animals are still alive, because humans would just kill it anyways to see what it is made of.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by isa75

I agree, in the newscast someone was putting a bounty on the creature for proof that it existed. It is sad that people just can't appreciate the animal's existence and let it be.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Someone should show him how to use the zoom button

I call fake. It's not clear enough and too far away. Too easy.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItIsWhatItIs
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Someone should show him how to use the zoom button

I call fake. It's not clear enough and too far away. Too easy.

It's amazing how you can even FIT 10,000 lakes into Minnesota. I guess it's a pretty big state ...

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It looks as though it could be fake but I'm no expert.

Just the thought of a dinosaur living a hour and half away from me gets me excited. I also have a friend that lived by there.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Apparently it is just a statue. I didn't realize that this was the case. minnesota.publicradio.org...

Here is another site with an article on it (courtesy of the photographer).

Nessie Spotted in Minnesota | Gadling.com

Open letter: Dear Nessie, what do you want? Is it Sebastian Joe's ice cream? Do you have an evil plan? I understand that my mom's friend Patty recently paddled out to you in her kayak and gave you a firm smack with her oar to see what you were made of, and you barely flinched. Are you going to let Patty live? What are your plans? And my biggest question of all, your majesty, is: do you know how freaking cold it's about to get?

The letter made me laugh quite a bit.

The blog post is also on digg.com digg.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
A few years ago I remember reading an article written by the son of the man who discovered the loch ness monster, and he said that on his death bed he confessed to making the whole thing up.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
"Peppie" sightings go back until 1800's. It made some big news last year when someone put up a $50,000 reward for proof.

Really not too much info out there about it, I don't think there is that many eye witness.

top topics

join