It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G-20 security driving away Pittsburgh's bustle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

G-20 security driving away Pittsburgh's bustle

news.yahoo.com

Security plans include a vehicle-free, three-block perimeter around the convention center and a ban on most vehicles elsewhere in the city's dense, triangular downtown — leaving protesters and foreign dignitaries to likely experience an emptier-than-normal Pittsburgh when the two-day summit begins Thursday. Commuters will have to park outside downtown and either walk or take mass transit into the business district.

Thousands of protesters and media are expected to come to town for the summit, a gathering of the leaders of the world's 20 top economies.

What's unclear is how many comm
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This is called a movement. Protesters closing down a whole town.

Either that or they are making the town close for a false flag or something. Either way, next week is going to be very interesting.

I hope a few people wake up from this. Last years g20 protests in london are what made me wake up.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

We will definitely see, I think this will be an interesting event as well.

Not too sure on the false flag.

Did protesters get the permits they were trying to get? Last I heard they weren't barely giving them out.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Pittsburgh is one of the nation's oldest cities and the people of it and the surrounding hills and valleys have some fierce tradditions when it comes to free speech, patriotism and the right to protest.

I can't say how it will turn out, but this is not the best part of the country to tell people to stay at home, keep their mouths shut and what they can not say or do.

It could prove to be the most intersting G-20 yet from a protest standpoint.

I am still kicking around the idea of even going myself.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think that this summit is going to be one full of power brokers an Alex Jones followers. I for one am for the Alex Jones followers. I see that the power of the people is being felt, but we need to do more. What that is I don't know but we need to step it up a bit.

top topics

join