It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remove Splinters Using a Banana Peel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I found this on lifehacker

Bananas are a good source of potassium, but turns out the peels can do more than just store the fruit. Apartment Therapy outlines seven ways to put used peels to work, including removal of those inconvenient splinters.

According to the post, taping a piece of the peel over the splinter will help to remove it. How? Apparently "the enzymes will help dislodge the splinter and heal the wound."

...after looking at this, it took me to another site re-nest.com (more uses for bananas)

1. Help Your Garden Grow: Bananas are naturally high in potassium and encourages plant growth. Use banana peel or puree entire banana and bury with soil.

2. Shoe Polish: Use the peel to make your kicks nice and shiny.

3. Stop the Itch: Rub the inside of a banana peel on a bug bite helps itch relief.

4. Pain Reliever: The oil in a banana peel will help relieve the pain from burns and scratches.

5. Wart Removal: Tape a piece of banana peel on a wart, continue until it’s gone.

6. Make Houseplants Gleam: Just like peels can shine shoes, they can also be used to make the leaves of plants shine.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I heard they're good to eat too.

Thanks for the info, I never knew bananas were so useful.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
man i hate bananas, they scare me so bad.

I used to dream about them in my nightmares.

evil evil evil.

you've all seen the evil monkey on family guy, cuz he eats bananas.

altho they have good use's .

well done OP

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Reminds me of an article that I think told about researchers using the thin white film that's found covering the orange pulp (not the outside skin orange covering and the fuzzy white padding but the thin film of skin that covers the juicy interior) as a sort of second skin or something for burns.

I could be wrong but that's what I think I read.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
BANANA PEELS ALSO CAN REMOVE WARTS. JUST TAKE A SMALL SQUARE OF PEEL, PULP SIDE DOWN, BANDAGE IT OVER THE WART AND CHANGE TWICE DAILEY, FOR 2 WEEKS... WART WILL BE GONE. ALSO. FATBACK OR SALT PORK BANDAGED OVER THE SPLINTER WILL DRAW OUT THE SPLINTER IN THE COURSE OF A DAY.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I love bananas, they're probably my favorite fruit. My kids love them and I always have a stock of bananas for morning snacks for them... but it's good to know the peels have some good use. Thanks for the post, I'll be sure to use some of the scraps for splinter removal instead of fertilizing my garden

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

MMM.....bananas with bacon. mmmmm.

Too many bananas is bad for you though. So take it easy ya bunch banana eatin' freaks.

But cool...so splinters and warts and enemy evasion via slipping...a very versatile edible indeed.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
reply to post by AlreadyGone

MMM.....bananas with bacon. mmmmm.

Too many bananas is bad for you though. So take it easy ya bunch banana eatin' freaks.

But cool...so splinters and warts and enemy evasion via slipping...a very versatile edible indeed.

Ummmmm

I think you forgot the most important banana survival idea:

"6. Make Houseplants Gleam: Just like peels can shine shoes, they can also be used to make the leaves of plants shine."

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I was really hoping to find a banana consporacy. I am disappointed.

I suppose I'll just continue shining my PLANTS...Seriously, who does that!?

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

join