It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we doing this again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
So, reading Fox News on the internet today I found that British troops will now be training Libyan troops on counterterrorism tactics. Anybody with some common sense would tell you that this is a horrible idea. In fact if you read or know any history, this situation of training enemies always blows up on us. Now, that being said, is it obvious to anybody else that this is exactly the situation that people in government are wanting?

I hear what governmental leaders say in that the people that they train are vital allies for a certain cause, blah, blah, blah. But I dont believe that they are that stupid to not realize that 10 years down the line it comes back to bite them in the butt. If they are that stupid, they need to be gotten rid of then. The only other reason that I can see for this happening other than them being ignorant would be to actually have a set up for a war down the line. Its like its becoming a cycle with these people.

Here is the article.

www.foxnews.com...

I know it says that Libya is a vital partner for the vital energy source and all that b.s. But they are training people who train terrorists in how they stop terrorists. Is that really worth a couple of years worth of treaties or alliances with people?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
And of all places, Lybia??!? They have been a haven for pirates for centuries!! I would think, given their cultural heritage, that they would be the last group of people you would want to give special training to...

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Screw Libya and screw the government....as alot of people are saying on posts at the moment let the ship sink because now its everyman for himself

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
just bored at work and doin a lil research about who else the U.S. has trained and i found this site

www.usmtm.sppn.af.mil...

disclaimer on site as follows

"This is a Department of Defense computer system. This computer system, including all related equipment, networks and network devices (specifically including Internet access), are provided only for authorized U.S. Government use. DOD computer systems may be monitored for all lawful purposes, including to ensure that their use is authorized, for management of the system, to facilitate protection against unauthorized access, and to verify security procedures, survivability, and operational security. Monitoring includes active attacks by authorized DOD entities to test or verify the security of this system. During monitoring, information may be examined, recorded, copied, and used for authorized purposes. All information, including personal information, placed on or sent over this system may be monitored. Use of this DOD computer system, authorized or unauthorized, constitutes consent to monitoring of this system. Unauthorized use may subject you to criminal prosecution. Evidence of unauthorized use collected during monitoring may be used for administrative, criminal, or other adverse action. Use of this system constitutes consent to monitoring for these purposes."

if you dont wanna click on the site, it basically says that the u.s. has been in joint training with the saudi gov since 1953. i did not know this and just found it interesting with the fact that most of the alleged hijackers of 9/11 were also saudi nationals.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
sounds like how things go...

If you want someone to think you didn't do it, train others for the task!

top topics

join