It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Ourselves We Trust. Three Cheers For Unity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Hi ATS.

Since the first governmental body was formed, human rights, as well as their freedoms were trampled upon. People were oppressed , tortured, or brutally murdered for doing nothing more than exercising their right to speak freely.

Given the history of government atrocities worldwide, and throughout history, how can anybody still place their trust in them?

I think that waiting for the perfect candidate to come along and save us all is shortsighted, ignorant and incredibly lazy. I don't believe in the two party system.

Neither of them will ever bring about positive change. In the end, i believe they are both the same. Self serving, psychotic, and about as two faced as they come.

I believe that if we yearn for actual change throughout the world then we need to become the change in which we desire.

Sadly, Politicians will never achieve this. Political parties will also never achieve this.

However, humanity as a collective can achieve this. If we embrace unity. If we all refused to pick up a gun and kill in the name of patriotism. If we refused to play their silly little game, if we chose unity over divisiveness, we could effectively change the course that humanity is currently on for the better.

It just takes teamwork. I encourage an end to partisan rhetoric. It doesn't benefit anyone. In fact, it hinders us as a species.

Astrij

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
"Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy # we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

new topics

join