It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google/CIA/NWO - They Live!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ran a youtube search for the trailer of the excellent John Carpenter film "They Live", I was watching it this morning again and it really struck a chord with the "Conform/obey/consume" tag and would really like some thoughts from you all as to how that may bear relevance at the moment.

However, whilst searching for the trailer (I was going to post in BTS) I came across this:

I'm not sure if this specific video has been posted before, but I've read similar things on Google and would be very interested if people would contribute more. I notice ATS uses a google search and personally I use Gmail which may or may not be a little worrying personally.

Here's a decent clip from the movie:

Interesting articles:

Times online

Which I think might link in to this:

Darpa - LifeLog

It would make sense in this day and age to be collating as much information as possible and also to use it for making predictions etc - web bot predictions seem quite interesting and useful to me. However, does anyone trust The Powers That Be with this kind of information?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I love that movie, found it in my dvd collection last week and watched it....Rowdy Roddy is quite the actor, eh? I REALLY need some of those sunglasses....

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Did you watch the youtube I posted about google?

I don't really think we need the sunglasses anymore in all honesty...

When was the last time your tv, radio or internet said anything other than "Conform/obey/consume"?

This isn't a bitch at ATS, I know ad revenue is the only way a lot of websites can exist (for which I'm thankful), but even on here some of the advertising is kind of shocking, but I guess the research shows that we need to lose weight and play D&D online.

[edit on 8/9/0909 by jokei]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Google is in the position to do anything right now. Watch them carefully.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Very much agreed. In some ways I don't worry about having my every keystroke logged - I don't do anything illegal, but perhaps just participating on here would be enough to make me a "security risk"? I guess if "they" deem it then so be it.

Google does worry me though with how they have such a monopoly on the web and how that position is unassailable, there's no realistic way around google as far as I know, even if I used another search engine, most browsers are google by default and I've never come across a website with search features that weren't google. Maybe time for ATS to take a brave step?

Does anyone know where else google are going? It may sound overly paranoid, but with google maps/earth etc, are they at some point going to be linking in to inner-city security camera networks? Are they there already? Maybe on the plus side, if they are, then these systems will work (lol), guess not they'll probably still operate on windows...

Does make me think of IBM and some software they were running in the 40s.

top topics

join